Newest Member
    joxey
New Years 2018 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Maybe it has a western bias? Euro would usually have the storm at this range. I just think the pattern closing in on itself more could happen, it would be weird for storm to be result but today's snow was hopeful.. 

Regardless of outcome,  I do feel good about Jan and maybe even extending to March.

15 minutes ago, frd said:

You mean the Euro will eventually trend West ? 

Ukmet accuracy is up there, but because a lot of its performance metrics and things along those lines are held in private it is hard to determne it's true value.

Too bad we don't have the dgex anymore. That would be the only way to know for sure if the storm will come west enough. At least we have the German which shifted west. Point is that until the gfs or euro are even close with precip, we should temper our expectations. 

2 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

EPS did in fact trend west. 0z vs 12z below. Noticeable shift west on the snowfall mean as well. 

eps_slp_lows_ma_23.png

eps_slp_lows_ma_21.png

Quite a few more closer to the coast. Trends are good. 

Better, but still no big hits among the individual members for us.  Some few big hits just to our E and NE including NYC though.  

Just now, nj2va said:

Thanks for posting. Seems like we’re still on the outside looking in but curious if any 0z members gave us snow?

I looked at 0z, and it's hard to tell since a lot of the ensemble members had today's snowfall there, but it looks like 2 members give us snow, but on the edge. Very welcome trend. 

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

No, the snows to the west are upslope snows the mountains will see over the coming days.

No, I mean the mslp image and referring to the lows clustered off center to the right and left.

2 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

I believe he's referring to the Low Location image. 

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I'm pretty sure so far it's led the trend. It was an outlier at the 12z run yesterday, and since then, they have trended West

I can't be optimistic about this storm for our area,  I am biased against storms backing in from the Atlantic for our area.   I'm not falling for trends, I'll believe it only if there's an overwhelming consensus

5 minutes ago, Amped said:

I can't be optimistic about this storm for our area,  I am biased against storms backing in from the Atlantic for our area.   I'm not falling for trends, I'll believe it only if there's an overwhelming consensus

Yeeeaaah getting storms to "back into" here like that seems like a lower percentage shot in my untrained opinion...(any examples of when that has actually worked? That is, where the models ticked west in the short range and we ended up with a nice hit?)

8 minutes ago, Amped said:

Im optimistic

for boston

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived