Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Eric Webb twitter raged on the Wake co. "snow hole" which ruined our high end opportunities 

New Hanover Country (ILM) seems to have the same problem with a twist.  Most of the county just won't changeover to snow, which according to WECT, may cut into snow totals.  It's still a mixed bag of moderate to heavy sleet.

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Going to get completely blanked here.  It doesn’t look like the first real snowflake will fall here.  Radar falling apart upstream.  I mean the band to the west will rotate through around midnight, but it will be falling apart when it does.  It’s very sad and disappointing.  Just a little bit of snow falling from the sky is apparently too much to ask for anymore.

Sorry man..this sucks.  This is like the cherry on top after last January. 

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Sorry man..this sucks.  This is like the cherry on top after last January. 

I am in the same boat here in north central Cumberland County, I don't think we will see ANYTHING judging by radar.  It is fading to the west and south of me and a clean strip of nothing right through the center of the county.

18 minutes ago, OpAck said:

New Hanover Country (ILM) seems to have the same problem with a twist.  Most of the county just won't changeover to snow, which according to WECT, may cut into snow totals.  It's still a mixed bag of moderate to heavy sleet.

Lol but I was told warm nose was no issue. Well, I was right. Who would of thunk it? Lol this area sucks during winter storms. 

This is definitely going to be a good thumping for  interior sections who don't get dry slotted by this BS hole in wake county. The SLP is in the middle of that isotach circulation below, pretty far NW of guidance which has been obvious for some time. This thing is going right up the gulf stream as it bombs out into a blizzard. You guys in NE NC are going to be absolutely crushed tonight. Thinking raleigh still has a good shot as 3 or 4 inches tonight.

pmsl.gif?1515030399082

11 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

This is definitely going to be a good thumping for  interior sections who don't get dry slotted by this BS hole in wake county. The SLP is in the middle of that isotach circulation below, pretty far NW of guidance which has been obvious for some time. This thing is going right up the gulf stream as it bombs out into a blizzard. You guys in NE NC are going to be absolutely crushed tonight. Thinking raleigh still has a good shot as 3 or 4 inches tonight.

Latest NAM 12K and HRRR give us 8-10" but 50 miles to our west only 3-4"....I have had sleet since 5:30ish just about to go to snow but rates are meh.....still by 10-12 things should start banding up NE to SW over eastern NC and its game on.....if it holds that western track though one would think the 8-10" area would expand and the 4-5" would push back west of I-95....thats on top of anything already down.

13 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Latest NAM 12K and HRRR give us 8-10" but 50 miles to our west only 3-4"....I have had sleet since 5:30ish just about to go to snow but rates are meh.....still by 10-12 things should start banding up NE to SW over eastern NC and its game on.....if it holds that western track though one would think the 8-10" area would expand and the 4-5" would push back west of I-95....thats on top of anything already down.

Yea we'll see, if Raleigh lucks out on that, we will be right on the razor far western edge, which is what the models have suggested for days. We'll see how the night unfolds. I'm still confident you'll do very well tonight. The tidewater area is going to get blitzed though. Most likely 12+

2 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

I’m still getting sleet here in Washington. Very jealous of those flakes you are getting. Do you know what’s keeping us from switching? 

Archived