Newest Member
    joxey
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lake-effect-snow-colder-temperatures-northeast/story?id=52006526

This was posted in the Upstate NY thread. Looks like a town in the Tug. The whole snow belt region been getting hammered so far. Redfield already breaking records

Can't even call that fake snow...lol.

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Most commercial growers are south of there thankfully.

Florida has some crazy extremes in the winter compared to northern states.  Only in Florida could you see temps near zero and near 90.

Those are highs below freezing. It has U20s all the way down to Punta Gorda. Straight outta the 80s.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But also only in New England could you see either -30F or +60F in a soueaster.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...I mean you can see -40F to 70F in Jan in NH. We're more extreme than FL.

Sure, for raw ranges but I was just talking about cold and hot.  I wouldn't call 60 or 70° hot but I think most people would say that 90° is hot and temps near zero are cold.  Not -40° cold but fairly cold to most people.  Just look at the comments this morning from some of our posters with temps near zero.

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Sure, for raw ranges but I was just talking about cold and hot.  I wouldn't call 60 or 70° hot but I think most people would say that 90° is hot and temps near zero are cold.  Not -40° cold but fairly cold to most people.  Just look at the comments this morning from some of our posters with temps near zero.

I guess. I mean TX can do it too and probably more impressively. Spring is our time for that. Late March can be pushing 90F or below 0F.

Archived