Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I kid but some also discounted STJ infusion and called for Northern stream Miller Bs. Follow the projected water vapor

To be fair, the southern stream in this system comes out of Yukon/Alaska. So it's not anything like a typical STJ...but it splits off out in the Rockies and takes the southern scenic route which allows it to pick up that subtropical moisture from Gulf/Bahamas. 

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

To be fair, the southern stream in this system comes out of Yukon/Alaska. So it's not anything like a typical STJ...but it splits off out in the Rockies and takes the southern scenic route which allows it to pick up that subtropical moisture from Gulf/Bahamas. 

He's on a role.. let him go.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Of course...they can suppress...but it raises the stakes.

I also think this arctic regime has almost run its course, which helps.

I think we have another 7-12 days of it.  And given the increasing strength of the reload shown on all guidance it may be back before too long.  But I would agree that after the next week or 2,this brutality is gone for awhile yielding to “normal cold” and even some mild days here and there which may feel pretty balmy.

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think we have another 7-12 days of it.  And given the increasing strength of the reload shown on all guidance it may be back before too long.  But I would agree that after the next week or 2,this brutality is gone for awhile yielding to “normal cold” which may feel pretty balmy.

I'll be honest, I expected a faster break down of pattern post major storm when I was writing everything out in Novie...glad.

I thought after Jan 8 it would get mild.

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He averages more than Bob.

Yeah, I’m not sure what he is talking about... this area isn’t bad for snow for the most part... I’d hardly call my area a snow hole.

Also easy for people with snow covered ground to miss the point of the frustration people with bare ground and 0 degree temps have.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Through 12/29:

BOS:  -2.9

ORH:  -3.4

PVD: -2.1

BDL:  -2.9

Did PVD warm sector better g time during our CAD  on 12/23?   In an case, BOS/BDL could be close to -4 by months end and ORH -4,5 while PVD drops to -3.5.   Solidly cold December.

Yes. I recall Ginx spiking into the 50’s

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Through 12/29:

BOS:  -2.9

ORH:  -3.4

PVD: -2.1

BDL:  -2.9

Did PVD warm sector better g time during our CAD  on 12/23?   In an case, BOS/BDL could be close to -4 by months end and ORH -4,5 while PVD drops to -3.5.   Solidly cold December.

Driving home 12/23 we went from 34 near SFZ to 52 just across the bay from PVD.

Archived