joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see how you don't want to be too close to where it sling shots. You could end up with rain for a time. If there was big NAO blocking this would have a higher risk of that for us. But the progressiveness could actually be an ally in a setup with this much powder keg potential. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You can see how you don't want to be too close to where it sling shots. You could end up with rain for a time. If there was big NAO blocking this would have a higher risk of that for us. But the progressiveness could actually be an ally in a setup with this much powder keg potential. 

Right. I was thinking that as well. Good thing there isn't blocking, or we'd have to send a guard to Tamarack's house and keep all sharp objects away from him.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol you didn't see one thing that would make you think warning snows back west of the river.  You are just "wishing" at this point.  It's like the battle cry for models that might be shifting west... "warning snows to west of the rivah!"

That whole look says heavier snow to NY border. Looking at a qpf chart 6 days out? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That whole look says heavier snow to NY border. Looking at a qpf chart 6 days out? :lol:

"The whole look"... lol.

Explain that to us.  I think many would be interested in how that run of the Euro would bring warning snows way back west.  

That run doesn't even have above normal precipitable water advected inland.  150% of normal for eastern areas though with the classic hammer style depiction.

Im sure you looked at all the RH plots too and saw the sub-saturation in western half of SNE at 850mb.  That's a sure sign of heavy snows.

What are your thoughts on that run though?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

"The whole look"... lol.

Explain that to us.  I think many would be interested in how that run of the Euro would bring warning snows way back west.  

That run doesn't even have above normal precipitable water advected inland.  150% of normal for eastern areas though with the classic hammer style depiction.

Im sure you looked at all the RH plots too and saw the sub-saturation in western half of SNE at 850mb.  That's a sure sign of heavy snows.

What are your thoughts on that run though?

Just a gut feeling with these, but a lot of time to correct west and get you into siggy snows. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol you didn't see one thing that would make you think warning snows back west of the river.  You are just "wishing" at this point.  It's like the battle cry for models that might be shifting west... "warning snows to west of the rivah!"

I guess he and several others reinvested.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just a gut feeling with these, but a lot of time to correct west and get you into siggy snows. 

Oh I agree fully.  We've got 5 days to go.

I'm more curious where his comments come from.  It's almost like he makes stuff up...almost ;).  I guess we'll agree to disagree that the Euro would support Warning snows west of the river.

Archived