• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

Both the Euro and the GFS show the low blowing up to sub 990 low off the coast of Maine at hour 120.  The GFS begins to develop the low pressure system at hour 102 right along the north carolina coast.   I cant see what happens between 96 and 120 on the euro.. but I guess, based on what others have posted above.. that it is not much.. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Nothing much from the Thursday clipper for most of the region per 12z EURO... looks like the transfer robs most of us of any chance for flakes

It was close enough for sure. Decent vort pass. Keep the track favorable and we'll get something out of it. I like where we sit. Pretty classic clipper track for our area. 

I'm not good with proper terminology, so forgive me, but it looks like Friday's event is an overrunning event that drops a dusting, then turns into a coastal low and races up the coast, far enough offshore to only get those on the extreme east coast.  

What would it take for this to, instead, become an event that dusts us with an inch or two before stalling and bombing out over the OBX and scooting up the coast, dumping feet of snow on us and the entire I-95 corridor up the East coast?

Is that in play at all, or am I just dreaming?  I feel like I've seen this kind of thing happen before.  One of those Millers y'all keep talking about:  Miller A, Miller B, or Miller Lite... can't remember which. 

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

I'm not good with proper terminology, so forgive me, but it looks like Friday's event is an overrunning event that drops a dusting, then turns into a coastal low and races up the coast, far enough offshore to only get those on the extreme east coast.  

What would it take for this to, instead, become an event that dusts us with an inch or two before stalling and bombing out over the OBX and scooting up the coast, dumping feet of snow on us and the entire I-95 corridor up the East coast?

Is that in play at all, or am I just dreaming?  I feel like I've seen this kind of thing happen before.  One of those Millers y'all keep talking about:  Miller A, Miller B, or Miller Lite... can't remember which. 

this is beyond a dream

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

A miracle.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

My experience for MY area is that clippers are not friendly here...the hills to my West give me the ole snow shadow . I would be thrilled with some cold dusting to cover the landscape again

tell that to the  school day where we got 4 inches and all the buses were on the road

49 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I’m sure @StormchaserChuck or @StormchaserChuck! knows.

5 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Think today is his 'OMG, Global Warming, No more snow for you' Day. Could be wrong though. His bipolar phases have bipolar phases so it's hard to keep track.

It's not that global warming is bad for snow. I am grateful but it's good to see the bigger picture. The signal is not yet far above the natural variability but soon. It's super early.

LWX meant Wed night I am pretty sure for the clipper since its in the Tues Night into Wed Night short term forecast... this is from this afternoon AFD:

Then a clipper system starts moving in Thursday night. Still
some uncertainty with this system as it croses the area, but
with the low expected to track south of at least part if not
most of the CWA, the odds of some snow is certainly significant.
Accumulations however will likely not be much. Best odds of snow
however are northern areas near PA, locations where the low is
most likely to stay south of. Lows will be in the 20s Wednesday
night.

18z 3km NAM also looks decent hrs 59-60 as the run ends... temps in mid 20s and 850s around -8c... around 1" in C VA is farthest out snow map goes, but I would assume that the 1" would reach into DCA and the surrounding areas... though 18z 3km NAM is a bit faster than the 18z 12km NAM run by about 3-6 hrs

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

18z 3km NAM also looks decent hrs 59-60 as the run ends... temps in mid 20s and 850s around -8c... around 1" in C VA is farthest out snow map goes, but I would assume that the 1" would reach into DCA and the surrounding areas

Looks like whatever snow we could get, it will be powdery. Maybe higher ratios as well

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived