Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well if that's the case, then that is pretty developed at that point.  Granted it seems to get even more powerful as it goes N of there, but as Steve said 973 is a powerful system.  And if it's strengthening as it goes that's a big system for the area...at least one would think?

2017-12-05 14_46_16-Weather.us.png

Just now, WintersComing said:

Not trying to split hairs for sure but in reading earlier discussions I was under the impression that we wanted this to develop sooner ie closer to the actual BM?  Again not tryin to nit pick but just understand.

No prob, Yes, Everyone would like to see this close off and be stacked over the BM or just inside.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

EPS banging next week, hard. Like no protection, just straight smashing it.

Eh, I'd be a little careful there...has late bloomer look written all over it. Just something to be guarded against. It develops very rapidly...no doubt there is a strong signal on ensembles for it. But it has a classic Miller B East look. It is developing pretty close by, like just S of LI or near BID and then rapidly moving NE. Where it develops explosively is key...if it starts developing down around ACY then most of SNE will get hit hard...but if it waits until near E LI or S of BID, then its an E MA/ME special.

That's a damaging event there...  as in sh!t happening to reality exposed to the elements... 

There are certain fundamental aspects of the atmosphere  ... and that much excessive deepening can't happen without shock and awe restoring forces ...  I can't even begin to guess at the isol. wind component....   996 to 948 mb in 12 hours is ...well, I wonder if that can even happen in the first place.  But that's a very special special evolution being depicted across that critical 9 hours there...  

It's not just the isol wind, but it's hugely augmented by the fact that you simply cannot pop the top off the atmosphere like that with 5 isotachs closing off across like 5 hours and not fold.  

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Eh, I'd be a little careful there...has late bloomer look written all over it. Just something to be guarded against. It develops very rapidly...no doubt there is a strong signal on ensembles for it. But it has a classic Miller B East look. It is developing pretty close by, like just S of LI or near BID and then rapidly moving NE. Where it develops explosively is key...if it starts developing down around ACY then most of SNE will get hit hard...but if it waits until near E LI or S of BID, then its an E MA/ME special.

For a D8 signal, thats a bang to me. Of course you know I worry about late blooming Miller B’s but at this lead time, me not concerned yet. Just give me a good signal on the most reliable piece of guidance and I’ll take my chances.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, lets see if it can capture earlier, or its PF mega upslope city

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We take.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is a coup de etat for me ...

I was waiting on the EPS so show any semblance of capitulation to this sort of thing running up the NE Coast... as the GEFs derived tele's have the apex of a PNA pulse timed nearly perfectly with an actual amplitude of the PNAP (N/A part of the total domain) - that in its self means you watch the nadir of the trough whether you have velocity/gradient mitgators or not...  

I'm thinking that one around mid month has better mass - support than anything that's been modeled to occur before that time - so we'll see..  But, once the higher resolution operational versions start honing in a mid range solution ... the ensembles then trending that way is usually boding though. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Euro looks like 1-3” for Bos Pvd Southeast. Highest amounts look to be further SE you go.

Looked like flurries for you. 

I could def see it backing NW some...pretty steep eastern wall of the trough butting up against the WAR. We may have to wait another couple cycles before it makes its move based on Chris's sensitivity analysis. We'll find out soon enough...I could see either scenario happening.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dougy Simonian

The GEFS even has some legitimate ridging building back into Greenland in response to the TPV becoming more elongated. It's a really nice look for multiple big winter storm threats from 12/15 and onward.

And yes, 12/13 has legs.

So has " not the pattern for a big one" dissipated ? 

Archived