Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We would need a strong +pp optimally placed to get much on the coastal plane with a low that close accompanied by easterly inflow.

Exactly, Ray. We're starting out with light S/E flow with no high to the north.

I'd sell a lot of snow for KGINX unless the track threads the needle. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We would need a strong +pp optimally placed to get much on the coast plane with a low that close and east inflow.

Well I guess it you take the GFS verbatim but I don't even give it a thought 8 days out, if its stays that way a day before I still will only believe the Euro for thermals in a big dog. Pete Bouchard would though

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea well if at 2 PM you need to change your mind you know where to find me

lol

OK... if you think this is a good setup for the coastal plain then congrats on the wishcast.

Could it deliver? Sure. A well placed track with a nice comma head over SNE would bring the goods. But without a nice high to the north and the trough axis well west there is certainly a warm risk - particularly S & E of BDL/ORH.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol and a big jog east? so silly, this storm was a 984  300 miles East of Cape Hatteras even here 6 hrs ago on this POS model, only 32 more runs and it will be congrats CHI

Well... the Euro has the same thermal look.

All I'm saying is the pattern certainly could support a hugger and without a nice cold high to the north there are some caution flags for the coastal plain. 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

lol

OK... if you think this is a good setup for the coastal plain then congrats on the wishcast.

Could it deliver? Sure. A well placed track with a nice comma head over SNE would bring the goods. But without a nice high to the north and the trough axis well west there is certainly a warm risk - particularly S & E of BDL/ORH.

Duh when isnt it , cmon so foolish to even bring up rain snow lines 8 days out , in fact it's as weenie as 8 day snow maps

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Spin it all you want, it's what the model shows, correctly.  Whether it ends up to be the truth, remains to be seen.

Spin on this :weenie: I have no idea what you mean by spin and at no point did I say the GFS did not show that. As DEPICTED of course but hey lets call it spin to say the GFS has thermal issues and bounces around more than Wiz in a moon bounce

12 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

All I'm saying is the pattern certainly could support a hugger and without a nice cold high to the north there are some caution flags for the coastal plain. 

I can totally see this....my climo is more towards and beyond the holidays, anyway.

14 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Exactly, Ray. We're starting out with light S/E flow with no high to the north.

I'd sell a lot of snow for KGINX unless the track threads the needle. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea well if at 2 PM you need to change your mind you know where to find me

7 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Agree 100%

If you agreed with Ryan 100%, why did you reply to him that way you did in the 1st place?  Completely opposing views in the span of 10 min.

Archived