joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS was pretty weenieish last night in LR  

It is def a northern stream dominant fast flow environment though. So clippers and redevelopers would be the favorites...but during times when the trough bends back to the southwest a bit we could see more of a SWFE type setup coming out of the Arklatex region and such...and at least early on, the trough is so deep that you can't rule out a gulf system. But in the long run I favor the types of systems that typically go with northern stream dominance. 

Lots of fast moving stuff. Probably a good thing as anything slow would have the capability of congrats KMSS.  At some point though one of these will be a good one.  I don't really see a breakdown either. May wax and wane some, but no sign of a wholesale change. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lots of fast moving stuff. Probably a good thing as anything slow would have the capability of congrats KMSS.  At some point though one of these will be a good one.  I don't really see a breakdown either. May wax and wane some, but no sign of a wholesale change. 

Yeah it could be a very good pattern for a lot of New England. Hopefully it produces the goods. I know clippers and IVTs aren't as exciting but they are still a significant part of snow climo in our region and they will be favored in this pttern too

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it could be a very good pattern for a lot of New England. Hopefully it produces the goods. I know clippers and IVTs aren't as exciting but they are still a significant part of snow climo in our region and they will be favored in this pttern too

Given the recent Decembers, hopefully no complaints. Day 7-8 is mildly interesting.

7 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro is meh on the anafrontal, but had another s/w coming down the flow with a wave that tries to develop last minute. Goes to show you that it's sort of a loaded gun with s/w's sliding down the geopotential medium like Tom Brady with his hands in the air. 

Do you touch yourself to Tom Brady?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice 1-3” EPS for Wed nite. I’m excited for that 

58 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Hate em as a Jets fan but if he was my QB, I’d do more to myself than a random tug on Sundays.

As a Dolphins fan, I concur but I’m pretty sure that the disfunctional organizations that we support would have screwed Brady up somehow, some way. 

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I will give it another day or so before writing anything off 

Friday/Saturday vs Thursday depends on whether the front can slow in time earlier but I’m feeling pretty good about most of us having snow otg by the begyof the work week starting 12/11 and I’d be shocked if it’s bare ground at our 12/18 gtg.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think most of them use it other than to correct its errors when making a forecast 

I like using GFS just as much as Euro, even though Euro does better overall in skill scores. I also like NAM, CMC, HRRR, RAP, etc. Great meteorologists use all tools and put a weight on each of them to come up with a forecast that's likely giving them the least error. All of them have bias to account for.

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

I like using GFS just as much as Euro, even though Euro does better overall in skill scores. I also like NAM, CMC, HRRR, RAP, etc. Great meteorologists use all tools and put a weight on each of them to come up with a forecast that's likely giving them the least error. All of them have bias to account for.

Yep.

Archived