Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

So we know the cold will go into Midwest/Plains first. We know it will infiltrate eastward with succession...

... I feel the twitter mets are using ensembles verbatim...and are not being honest with it. You have to know how to interpret it. 

Thanks Typhoon Tip!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There will be chances for all types of systems the next 2 weeks. The only thing that looks unlikely is a slow mover due to fast flow. We have northern stream dominance and a very tight gradient with no megablocks to try and offset so most systems will move right along. The trough digs deep enough at times that we could def see a gulf system but we will have plenty of chances for clippers and redevelopers and Miller Bs with the northern stream being dominant. 

That -nao has become a vodoo fakeout. Twice (late Novie and early-mid Dec) it has shown up on practically every piece of guidance, for more than just one hiccup run, yet it eventually fades away. The numbers may eventually be slightly neg but it sure won’t feel like it. 

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There will be chances for all types of systems the next 2 weeks. The only thing that looks unlikely is a slow mover due to fast flow. We have northern stream dominance and a very tight gradient with no megablocks to try and offset so most systems will move right along. The trough digs deep enough at times that we could def see a gulf system but we will have plenty of chances for clippers and redevelopers and Miller Bs with the northern stream being dominant. 

Congrats Dendrite

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s a great study about folks’ inner fears..lol.

This whole board is just like the Truman Show. It's really a big psych experiment.

With the initial dump of cold to the west, folks will get on edge when they don't see a huge change immediately. But the atmospheric deck looks like it's going to shuffle nicely. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

This whole board is just like the Truman Show. It's really a big psych experiment.

With the initial dump of cold to the west, folks will get on edge when they don't see a huge change immediately. But the atmospheric deck looks like it's going to shuffle nicely. 

It’s the best looking December pattern in a very long time and folks are pissed.

No blocking, fast flow

Cold dry and mild up and wet would cause meltdowns

0z GFS shows lots of chances

Lol this is gonna be fun period 

I have to remind myself a few times a day that SNE snow climo is not close to satisfying personally, and i consciously refuse to play head games to "accept climo". Its what it is and i still enjoy most our storms.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

4wave pattern sit back and relax, don't rush it. Ignore the baiters.

With some clunky Decembers in recent years, Jerry is right, good look for a change. Let's enjoy it. This is not a pattern where we need to "get lucky," it's a pattern we really just need to let it play out. 

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm not pissed...just exhausted by the whole day 10 H5 talk. Waiting for the trackable, discrete threats to materialize. 

I saw the CMC anafrontal and thought maybe the fraud is pissed.  

Pattern is good-at this point que sera.

50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not even looking at that crap.

If it looks good at hour 12, count me in.

I wasn't trying to say a DC special earlier, but with such a deep trough...you could have a beast coming up from Dixie Land as Schwoegler would say. Otherwise it's fast flow stuff. 

EPS was pretty weenieish last night in LR  

It is def a northern stream dominant fast flow environment though. So clippers and redevelopers would be the favorites...but during times when the trough bends back to the southwest a bit we could see more of a SWFE type setup coming out of the Arklatex region and such...and at least early on, the trough is so deep that you can't rule out a gulf system. But in the long run I favor the types of systems that typically go with northern stream dominance. 

Archived