Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The thing is once you get it cold pattern  wise there are all kinds of ways to snow.  M ilder patterns take a lot more luck.

Absolutely

Colder patterns Do carry The dreams of weenies

So shall we cold and dry then mild up And wet (for CP), the Best of us will be ....getting pissy To varying degrees

I dont believe This pattern is great for >6" snows but we are early in season and I just want to see the medium Range keep keep the good look thru xmas.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I understand that.

However no significant snow is imminent.

Fast-moving pattern though.  Has the feel of the type where we don't know sig snow is coming until it's almost upon us.  For now, I'm hanging my hat on the fact that a torcharific December is finally looking less and less likely.

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Absolutely

So shall we cold and dry then mild up And wet (for CP), the Best of us will be ....getting pissy To varying degrees

It’s December 2nd.   Anyone melting if we have 2 rainstorms interspersed with cold by 12/10 needs to remember where we live.   I for one will continue to enjoy life no matter what.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

With such absurd amplitude on all guidance...it's going to be hard for them to sort out all the s/w's flying almost from N-S. Pretty impressive look. It does not get more meridional than that.

Yeah in that type of pattern it is easier to amplify even smaller shortwaves diving out of Canada. You can see how close we are to multiple Miller Bs after that initial event that tries to develop along the front next Friday. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah in that type of pattern it is easier to amplify even smaller shortwaves diving out of Canada. You can see how close we are to multiple Miller Bs after that initial event that tries to develop along the front next Friday. 

Yep. Would take this as an opening shot. Dynamics at mid and upper levels are getting pretty impressive,  would be nice for this to evolve into a 2/5/16 post frontal 8 to 12er

ecmwf_acc_snow_ne_192.png

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Absolutely

I dont believe This pattern is great for >6" snows but we are early in season and I just want to see the medium Range keep keep the good look thru xmas.

Maybe you could explain what a great pattern looks like to you. I am confused by this post.

Archived