Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Yep, definitely taking the under in the Merrimack Valley. Hurricane Andrew could be barreling up the Merrimack and I'd take the under. 

Tend to agree, but it's happened before. I'd like to see one of these modeling weenies give 11/1950 a go. It blows my mind that such a large area can pull off 80-100kt gusts synoptically for hours. I'd love to see what made those winds tick.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Tend to agree, but it's happened before. I'd like to see one of these modeling weenies give 11/1950 a go. It blows my mind that such a large area can pull off 80-100kt gusts synoptically for hours. I'd love to see what made those winds tick.

Perfect Storm was pretty decent in the MV based on my memory in Lowell

New Euro sure ramps up the rainfall up here.  Gives Brian, eek and me over 4".  Meanwhile, it is amazing how the forests are still mostly in leaf around here.  A winter 50mph wind gust is not really a big deal.  With leaves on the trees a 50mph gust does much more damage..  Not expecting much more than that, but that is plenty!

trees.jpg

1 minute ago, db306 said:

My concern is the soaking that's been going on here in CT all day long well before main event.  May not take much wind to start toppling all kinds of trees even with gusts to 50-60

Agree, Its probably not going to take much at all, Trees usually see strong winds out of the NNW all the time but seldom of this possible magnitude out of the south.

Archived