Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

9 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Would be quite an event for Sagadahoc county if it gets anywhere close to that.  I'm still holding a few undeveloped acres there, hopefully there isn't too much tree damage.

where about?  My place there is on a little point, sitting on rocks about 20' above the water with open lines for about 1.5 miles to the SE.  I anticipate it'll be a tad breezy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean, it has that Philippe remnant low rip across ACK into Mid Cape with gusts to 90 mph.  

I could understand the Euro model overestimating severe wind gusts due to its over amplification of the storm center bias, but for multiple layers of models including the progressive bias of the GFS shows high severe winds than I'm inclined to agree with the Euro on the potential severity of the wind situation, power outages and power pole failure seems probable

Just now, powderfreak said:

The latest HRRR runs for gusts don't seem anything huge?  Am I missing something?

HRRR is much windier on westerly flow tomorrow from 8am onward in SNE than it is tonight.

1am Gusts

IMG_7187.thumb.PNG.bfd78e966b9b564962c693c7e5485fb3.PNG

2am Gusts

IMG_7188.thumb.PNG.cc5bfc71107a915ce34b649fce361d8d.PNG

If you're referring to me I'm watching that pocket of wind due south of BOS moving toward the Cape, when I reference 90mph gusts.

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

If you're referring to me I'm watching that pocket of wind due south of BOS moving toward the Cape, when I reference 90mph gusts.

No not referencing you.

The best winds on the HRRR are only the small area east of that meso-low.  

Aside from that, only the downslope mountain zones are shown to gust over 40kts until the wind goes westerly.

Its odd... like 50% of the Euro.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just a friendly observation.. you need to come up with a new way to convey the map. Those lines and arrows are very difficult to read and ascertain. It’s very convuluted and confusing 

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

where about?  My place there is on a little point, sitting on rocks about 20' above the water with open lines for about 1.5 miles to the SE.  I anticipate it'll be a tad breezy.

Woolwich about 3/4 mi from Hockomock bay.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No not referencing you.

The best winds on the HRRR are only the small area east of that meso-low.  

Aside from that, only the downslope mountain zones are shown to gust over 40kts until the wind goes westerly.

Its odd... like 50% of the Euro.

Toss that 10m crap. CT is already gusting to those levels.

Archived