Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

For all who hope for power outages and downed trees, may you be treated to microbursts over your own houses. As for us  millions of others in the path of the storm, we'll pass.

I hear there's a forum for people who like 61 degrees, light winds and blue skies.  I'll take the microburst.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Has really picked up here in the last 15-20 min. Frequently gusting over 30 it seems...tough to tell in the dark though, gotta go mostly by sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah most of the CT shore sites now into the low 30s for gusts.

ORH now gusting into the low 20s.

15 minutes ago, amarshall said:

I hear there's a forum for people who like 61 degrees, light winds and blue skies.  I'll take the microburst.

Actually, I'll take 10F, heavy snow 4" per hour rates with near zero visibility and light winds with several days advance warning, falling on a Sunday night a week before Christmas. Follow that with about four inches per day additional until Christmas Eve. Repeat every two weeks. No above freezing temps until late March.  And you can have your micro burst.

I'm fine with the high winds. Just don't want my new car smashed under a tree and out of power for a week.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Has really picked up here in the last 15-20 min. Frequently gusting over 30 it seems...tough to tell in the dark though, gotta go mostly by sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting that whistling sound through the screens now. Probably low to mid 30s.

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

Latest run of HRRR trended noticeably east. Don't sound the fail alarm yet. Want to see a couple of runs of fail to confirm that.

I could be wrong, but unless that meso low tracks west...I don't think we get those crazy winds. That's how I've felt all along.

Archived