Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard
George BM

September Disco/Obs Thread

12 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I've been looking at 1986. Maybe not the last time, but a good time. Led to a pretty snowy winter.

Yep good pick up, my HDD is currently 75, which beats 1986's old mark of 71. That resets on July 1 each year.

Another record 'low high', 63.9 degrees beats old mark of 65.5 from 2006,  that makes 5 in first 1/3 of the month! Today will give the record another run for the money if it starts raining soon and locks temp around 60 or so.

No record today, rain held off long enough for temp to make it to a 66.4 high, record is 63.5 from 2006. Still another way below normal, running a solid -9.5 for month to date and most locations in area running -8.5 to -10.

Yeah. Kind of a nasty day. Got .15 overnight/early morning. That added to the mugginess. Give me back my 60s/40s. A few 'Hot' ones ahead, but I don't see anything other than low-mid 80s for the next few weeks. That's fine with cool nights. 

Well, Irma has somehow managed to be even a bigger dud than Harvey.  Days of forecasted cloudiness and showers has resulted in about 3 hours of daytime cloudiness and .05" of overnight rain which left absolutely no trace here this morning.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky here this evening.  Not one.

We are getting the remnants of Irma now, but I am too far south for heavy rain. All i will get is occasional drizzle and a few drops of light rain. Maryland and Pennsylvania will get heavy rain thru tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

We are getting the remnants of Irma now, but I am too far south for heavy rain. All i will get is occasional drizzle and a few drops of light rain. Maryland and Pennsylvania will get heavy rain thru tomorrow night.

Looks like nothing but a few sprinkles here in MD also.

12 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Thunder here at 19:15 local. Now raining pretty good. Almost nothing on radar but I'm under it. 

I got crushed here. I got a 1.03" in about 30 minutes. I only heard thunder a couple times but it rained like crazy.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:54 PM, dailylurker said:

I got crushed here. I got a 1.03" in about 30 minutes. I only heard thunder a couple times but it rained like crazy.

Ended with 0.52 plus another 0.13 for yesterday, (mostly pre dawn). 

We sowed some seed last week which is usually a formula for dry wx, so we're happy with what we got. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Less than 2" of rain last month, and on-pace for 1.5" this month.  After mid-80s this week and 90F next weekend, there will be nothing but brown.

Good.  I need a break from mowing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Less than 2" of rain last month, and on-pace for 1.5" this month.  After mid-80s this week and 90F next weekend, there will be nothing but brown.

I hope so. Been a nasty muddy mess around here since July. It finally started to dry out last week when we got an isolated storm that dropped over an inch. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That's a positive, I suppose.  Haven't had an extended break this season like I always have had in previous seasons.

Mine has been out of control.  Did notice that it was a lot drier today.  Of course it really starts slowing this time of year.  Leaves start coming into play by Oct.  Can't rake 2 acres.

Had 6 of the driest weeks from mid May thru June. During that time my lawn went in mowed for 3 and a 1/2 weeks and all of the new grass that was grown since last fall died and the weeds took over. Since then it's been a mudfest. 

On 9/11/2017 at 0:56 PM, RIC_WX said:

12Z GFS indicates summer could make triumphant rerturn the second half of September, and could stick around awhile

...fast forward 8 days and still looks like endless summer into early October.  Good thing this pattern held off until mid September, if it had set up in August would be sweat city.