Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is anyone who is growing tomatoes noticing a delay in fruit being produced (or flowers for that matter)?

We usually are loaded up with green ones by now and start picking red by August 10 or so.

Very few so far this year.

lots of fruit and flowers, nothing close to ripe though, still a couple  of weeks away i would guess, but we are usually late down here by the water though. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

49° here.  With the fog in the valley's and clear skies it almost does feel like fall.  Hard to believe we are at peak climo.

For all the talk of cool this month, I'm still not ranking in my top 10 coolest July's.  Maybe that will happen over the next several days....

50.6 and its a beauty Clark. COCadoodledewless

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I may even be near 6"-7". I had 3" just last week in storms.

These past mid-week storms have been crazy, at least for my area.  I have not looked at the data but I am sure the few weeks of deluges have amounted to 7 or more.  

This is the kind of stuff that has been killing the pool enjoyment for most.  Not to mention the fall-like evenings.  I do wonder what August will bring us.  ...Pattern change, or does the song remain the same?

24 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

These past mid-week storms have been crazy, at least for my area.  I have not looked at the data but I am sure the few weeks of deluges have amounted to 7 or more.  

This is the kind of stuff that has been killing the pool enjoyment for most.  Not to mention the fall-like evenings.  I do wonder what August will bring us.  ...Pattern change, or does the song remain the same?

Hopefully no Zepplin for Aug

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

i'm curious what's really motivating people's opinions about this summer.

It was obnoxiously cold for two days -okay.  got it.  fact.

It was also above normal five days back to back to back to back to back with torrid nights prior to that.  In fact, by a narrow margin ...most sites are actually at or above normal for July, despite the last two days.  ...ORH has slipped to -.3

I'm hoping I'm not contributing to that faux impression of matters.  I admit to having leveled rants about the weird pattern locking and persistent trough and or NW flow into our region, but..that's a separate effort.  It seems there is some eliding of warm facts to maintain a cold impression and I'm wondering why people do that. 

Personally I just don't like the fact that the trough is so persistent... but that's just me bitching.  We eat what we are served at this restaurant called the weather. I'm not accusing this summer really beyond that. heh

Archived