Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Next week looks hot in the valley.

The GFSX -based MOS (which I assume to mean based upon the experimental/beta version in test.. ) was 7 to 8 F above climatology at KFIT for mid week for three days back-to-back... following short of 90 by just one or two degrees...

Getting MOS product over 5 above from D4 onward is actually kind of hard-ish to do unless the pattern supports a pretty warm look. I haven't seen what the experimental synoptics look like, but EWR's MOS was also 90 to 93 those same three days and both locales depict SW flow... So, it may be that a low grade heat wave is in the offing for that period... 7 or 8 F above climo D4+ ?  safe bet you can add a couple ticks to those numbers if the pattern is capable of stressing climatology that much. 

Jerry -

18z GFS showing more support for the WAR-like pattern fwiw but it's waaay out there in time.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Today was a top 10 day.

High of 72F with a dew around 50F all day...feels like fall with a nice north breeze at 5-15mph.  

Looked like Montpelier barely hit 70F under full sunshine in late July.  That seems crazy to me for some reason.  No clouds or rain holding it down, just a cool airmass.

Top 10 evening too...

20414322_10103100648168080_3860818721558

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why are you posting a picture of high clouds at THS? What are you trying to disprove? There was a beautiful sunrise during my run while you were polishing off eggs and half lb of bacon . Afternoon will turn beautiful. Many with pools will swim.

Sure you didn't have some of your overpriced craft beers for breakfast as I ate my grapefruit ? high clouds? pools, lol Drunk?

Today
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

GANIMLlzYHh5.jpg

Archived