• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

Highest temperature here for the last 8 days of July was 76F...and that 76F was still -6 (normal 82F) as the warmest day in the past 8 days.

That's another pretty crazy stat for peak climo time of year.

As Tippy likes to say, New England is in a world of its own relative to the rest of the country.  Just this past week's departures.

7dTDeptUS.png.1716534748406a599e17cac9b09711fe.png

7dTDeptNRCC.png.88cda7b185d1441168a9dc2305a1840e.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This has been a great July. Decent rains (about 4"). Great temps and stretches of some heat to enjoy water activities. The vegetation look from this time last year to now is night and day. 

It's been a pretty bad month. Many washouts ,  cold days and ruined vacations. Luckily there's been a lot of humid wx. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Highest temperature here for the last 8 days of July was 76F...and that 76F was still -6 (normal 82F) as the warmest day in the past 8 days.

That's another pretty crazy stat for peak climo time of year.

As Tippy likes to say, New England is in a world of its own relative to the rest of the country.  Just this past week's departures.

7dTDeptUS.png.1716534748406a599e17cac9b09711fe.png

7dTDeptNRCC.png.88cda7b185d1441168a9dc2305a1840e.png

Congrats Bristol County MA.

5 hours ago, West Mtn NY said:

It is borderline psychosis to prefer 90s and dews over 70 rather than today,  which is a top 10 day in any sane human beings mind. 

Nice level of intolerance to others preference that may be less popular vs most's.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

This has been a great July. Decent rains (about 4"). Great temps and stretches of some heat to enjoy water activities. The vegetation look from this time last year to now is night and day. 

Agreed on this July.

There's really only been a couple terrible days (the highs of 60F with 1" of rain days) but there have been an over-abundance of low-dew full sunshine days.

A true Chamber type month for the most part....any July that averages 75/55 is pretty nice.  I could've gone for a few days of hotter temps here and there (as those higher heat days make the Chamber days all that much nicer) to add some spice to the month, but overall very pleasant.

July was much drier than June here locally...I think I'm around 4.25" for July but will have to double check.  Plenty wet to keep the vegetation happy and garden nice, but not enough to swamp it like in June when we got 8-9" of rainfall.

8 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

And luckily lots of beautiful non humid days as well, like today.

Today was something special...just like yesterday up here and same with Friday.  All Top 10 type days with full sunshine and low dews, higher diurnal range type days.

Can tell the airmass is dry as we just lost 10 degrees in 1 hour as the sun went down...from 73F to 63F from the 7-8pm obs.

52 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Nice level of intolerance to others preference that may be less popular vs most's.

It's a BS act. Nobody is more comfortable in discusting heat and humidity compared to a perfect day like today. Because you want it to be HHH when you spend most of your time in an air conditioned environment, does not mean your body finds it more pleasant when you are exposed to it. Show me any old fashioned thermometer that shows 90s in the "comfort zone". Doesn't exist. There's a reason why heat advisories are issued for those conditions. They are not only uncomfortable, but downright dangerous for people with outdoor jobs or without AC. But the fraud wants warmth in April to save on utilities yet wants conditions that warrant the running of AC 24/7 all summer. I get it, if it's really hot, people want to see extremes met for records. No sane person wants that for months on end. 

6 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

It's a BS act. Nobody is more comfortable in discusting heat and humidity compared to a perfect day like today. Because you want it to be HHH when you spend most of your time in an air conditioned environment, does not mean your body finds it more pleasant when you are exposed to it. Show me any old fashioned thermometer that shows 90s in the "comfort zone". Doesn't exist. There's a reason why heat advisories are issued for those conditions. They are not only uncomfortable, but downright dangerous for people with outdoor jobs or without AC. But the fraud wants warmth in April to save on utilities yet wants conditions that warrant the running of AC 24/7 all summer. I get it, if it's really hot, people want to see extremes met for records. No sane person wants that for months on end. 

It's not.  I prefer HHH.   I revel in it.  Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gotta agree with West Mtn. People were gaga over the weather today. Maybe those who rented beach houses disagree, but to the general public....we pants tent.

West is telling me I'm full of it for preferring HHH.  Very disrespectful. 

6 hours ago, weathafella said:

West is telling me I'm full of it for preferring HHH.  Very disrespectful. 

Not being disrespectful to you at all. I don't know how old you are but from reading your posts, you are probably a younger senior citizen. You also like hiking. You cannot tell me you prefer 90/70 to do an invigorating hike than 80/50. Besides sitting on a cool NE body of water, a normal human body is much more comfortable with the latter. Again, if you are in an AC environment all day and go out for a little bit and enjoy HHH, I get it. Show me a cop, fireman, utility worker, DPW, street vendor, construction worker that has no choice but to be out in the elements and there is no debating what is preferable and healthy. 

2 hours ago, West Mtn NY said:

Not being disrespectful to you at all. I don't know how old you are but from reading your posts, you are probably a younger senior citizen. You also like hiking. You cannot tell me you prefer 90/70 to do an invigorating hike than 80/50. Besides sitting on a cool NE body of water, a normal human body is much more comfortable with the latter. Again, if you are in an AC environment all day and go out for a little bit and enjoy HHH, I get it. Show me a cop, fireman, utility worker, DPW, street vendor, construction worker that has no choice but to be out in the elements and there is no debating what is preferable and healthy. 

Lol...young senior.   I'm 70.   When you're older, your joints love heat and your skin loves humidity.  That said, if I'm going on a hike that requires some effort I prefer wx that enables me to keep going and not carry 5 liters of water.  As far as folks working outdoors, particularly police and firemen who have hot uniforms, most like the general population prefer cooler and less humid but a minority probably prefer HHH.  

We are a cold and snow bb.   Few of us lament the plight of outdoor workers in mid winter when we're high fiving each other on a cold day with snow on the way.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

At least the area has a whole lot of positive qualities to compensate for that.

On the other hand, my little village is probably one of the most conservative in the state. Much of the Quabbin area is pretty red.   I'm a fish out of water, but like my neighbors and fellow townsfolk for the most part.

Anyone who picked this week for a vacation week just may have won the lottery for the summer.   Just had another tremendous walk with the dog and wife.  No humidity. Bugs are minimal.  

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Lol...young senior.   I'm 70.   When you're older, your joints love heat and your skin loves humidity.  That said, if I'm going on a hike that requires some effort I prefer wx that enables me to keep going and not carry 5 liters of water.  As far as folks working outdoors, particularly police and firemen who have hot uniforms, most like the general population prefer cooler and less humid but a minority probably prefer HHH.  

We are a cold and snow bb.   Few of us lament the plight of outdoor workers in mid winter when we're high fiving each other on a cold day with snow on the way.

70 is the new 50

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

70 is the new 50

I used to hear 60 is the new 40 but haven't heard that one...lol.   I have so many friends with major health issues in my age cohort.  I hate to say it but those retired are doing worse.   My mantra is keep on keeping on and keep a snow eye open in winter.

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Yeah this forum shouldn't be used as a normal barometer for preferred weather by the public. Probably at least 75% of the public hates cold/snow in the winter....but we love it. I don't mind a good solid heat wave once in a while either...though I def prefer the 75/55 days on average to the HHH days.

Archived