Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I suspect he just flat out contrived that content out of the ether because he (personally) doesn't understand that it 1,000 foot high and tends to be above surface pooling

I'm at their elevation in the woods and the dews run higher here than down below. You have no clue wtf you're talking about 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rapidly changing conditions in my area of Central NH.  Slow moving small thunderstorms.  Forming and dissipating over the same area for several hours.  Only .15" at my house but much more just a few miles to my west.  Went up my road to catch a sunset with a cell to my south.  Then all at once a new cell formed and rapidly dropped a ton of rain with lightning strikes over the lake.  Here are 4 images all taken in very short time. I could even hear the rain or the wind from this location.  Note the rougher water below the rainshaft.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Rapidly changing conditions in my area of Central NH.  Slow moving small thunderstorms.  Forming and dissipating over the same area for several hours.  Only .15" at my house but much more just a few miles to my west.  Went up my road to catch a sunset with a cell to my south.  Then all at once a new cell formed and rapidly dropped a ton of rain with lightning strikes over the lake.  Here are 4 images all taken in very short time. I could even hear the rain or the wind from this location.  Note the rougher water below the rainshaft.

Gene that is a phenomenal series...so cool.  Love these localized heavy rainers.

Got hit with one today at home in the village while nothing fell at the mountain.  Lots of loud thunder at the ski resort that put everything on hold despite the sun shining the whole time.  Funny how localized it is this time of year...the view from the mountain into town looked very similar to your shots.  Heavy rain shaft limiting visibility while there's 25 mile visibility in every other direction.

The first two are my favorites...wow.

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Epic.  Extreme rain shafts are one of my secret fetishes.

That cell over Squam lake went on to produce a pretty respectable amount of CG lightning which is still ongoing, despite a pretty lame radar.

Archived