Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I met him at my school when I was 12 back in 1979. Nice man and he really made me interested in meteorology 

Him, Harvey, Bruce, and Barry. But he he did a lot of interesting side things and would always visit schools. As a meteologist you think back to people or events that got you hooked. He was one of them. That era simply does not exist anymore. It's a double whammy in that it's the end of an era in meteorology too. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Him, Harvey, Bruce, and Barry. But he he did a lot of interesting side things and would always visit schools. As a meteologist you think back to people or events that got you hooked. He was one of them. That era simply does not exist anymore. It's a double whammy in that it's the end of an era in meteorology too. 

Growing up in RI I never really remember watching him, but I always remember family members (who lived in the Boston area) asking me "so you want to be Dick Albert?"

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Growing up in RI I never really remember watching him, but I always remember family members (who lived in the Boston area) asking me "so you want to be Dick Albert?"

He just had the personality, but knew his stuff as well. I originally wanted to do TV, but that changed several years ago. It's funny, you think back to all the big storms and you have memories of the OCMs ...at least this sicko does. I remember him during the PVD tornado event back in 1986 lol. You'd appreciate that. And obviously our classic snow events.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

A quick 0.63". Had 0.05" this morning as well. 0.54" of this was in 11 minutes. We take.

Similar thing yesterday here...I wasn't home but wife said it was torrential rain for about 15 minutes.  I found 0.67" in the stratus this morning from that.  Then I saw the Lower Village CoCoRAHS about 1.5 miles away picked up 0.93".  

Thats a solid pull from a 15-20 minute storm.

Archived