joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us along 95, feeling high bust potential. Is that warranted? I'm suddenly not feeling the love after just now catching up from the overnight crew. I mean I guess I can live with a GFS/Euro blend, but is it right? I don't know. I better get some coffee in me. Long day ahead.

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

For those of us along 95, feeling high bust potential. Is that warranted? I'm suddenly not feeling the love after just now catching up from the overnight crew. I mean I guess I can live with a GFS/Euro blend, but is it right? I don't know. I better get some coffee in. Long day ahead.

Yes. While I would expect to wake up to a few inches in dc, I would not be surprised to wake up to cold rain and clear streets - even if nothing changes in the 12z models. This will be a nowcasting event near i95.

7 minutes ago, Scraff said:

For those of us along 95, feeling high bust potential. Is that warranted? I'm suddenly not feeling the love after just now catching up from the overnight crew. I mean I guess I can live with a GFS/Euro blend, but is it right? I don't know. I better get some coffee in me. Long day ahead.

Yes. I'll leave it at that. :(

That Hrrr radar looks like a beast. Looks more healthy on the east side. If it's not too much to ask I just want 4 inches of snow with 2 inches of sleet and an inch of mashed potatoes over it. The Sleet bomb is fun also as long as you get some snow under it. Want to stay away from liquid. That would ruin everything.

6z RGEM tracks it again from the NC sound to just off the Delmarva.  Surface and 925s hold but 850s (and probably 925-800 if I had to guess without full column) are gone by 6z.  We change back over to snow at the end.  Probably 1-2" followed by sleet followed by another 2-3" of snow as it had a nice little deform going through.  This is for DC.

1 minute ago, Stormpc said:

That Hrrr radar looks like a beast. Looks more healthy on the east side. If it's not too much to ask I just want 4 inches of snow with 2 inches of sleet and an inch of mashed potatoes over it. The Sleet bomb is fun also as long as you get some snow under it. Want to stay away from liquid. That would ruin everything.

I think west of 28 in PWC will be ok to stay sleet and snow.  In between dicey and east of fall line will go to rain for a time.  Just my 2 cents having lived here for 20 years. 

6z RGEM tracks it again from the NC sound to just off the Delmarva.  Surface and 925s hold but 850s (and probably 925-800 if I had to guess without full column) are gone by 6z.  We change back over to snow at the end.  Probably 1-2" followed by sleet followed by another 2-3" of snow as it had a nice little deform going through.  This is for DC.

What about 15 miles west of the city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DCAlexandria said:

What about 15 miles west of the city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

850 goes back to Leesburg-ish so there'd be a mix west of the city.  Obviously further west you are, less time spent mixing.  But even Fairfax on the RGEM would see a sustained period of mixing.  

Looking forward to the 12z runs - DC needs a 25 mile shift east with most guidance. Interested to see if the GFS holds firm and if any other models join with it (and if he EURO holds last night's decent run).

Gonna be a nowcast event but just 25 miles could make a huge difference for DC area.

Archived