Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Antecedent cold mass is overrated. I also think mid-day storm and track over ACK gives me caution. But what do I know...

If you have a deepening system tightening the thermal structure as depicted you should avoid taint with a system to your right.   If it was your everyday low you'd have worries.   Can we taint?   Of course-but I like our chances with the antecedent and the progged structure based on 70 years of weenieism.

Seems developing consensus track over or just scraping Cape... intense 12 hour thump and widespread 1ft+... though this has still has some bobbling to do pending better sampling and relative strength / timing of northern stream energy

Friday's 12z Euro depiction was truly historic for eastern SNE but seems on its own at the moment

I'm really worried about a large subsidence screw zone setting up somewhere and my main concern is like from south-central MA back into western CT.  Given the degree of upward vertical motion which will be associated with this its only fair to believe there will be an area of significant downward vertical motion as well.  Still a little nervous with regards to how/where the 700mb low forms and tracks (along with 850 low) but the trend seems to be further off to the south and east.  There should be a nice solid swath of impressive amounts (maybe 14''-20'') but don't think this will be a region wide crushing.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's a great track to please the most number of folks.  People on the Cape will experience a little climo bite.

9 hours ago, dryslot said:

Ack over the elbow track, Done.

Yeah, Its had the look with the coastal hug down south.

Archived