Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Really?  I feel like these always go east as we get closer.  It's why us up here need to enjoy those solid runs...the models are our snowstorm lol.

Funny how the weenieisms change with time. For a decade we had the NW trend on every system. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I have to think this is an over correction.

What's interesting is that the northern stream depiction is not too far from 0z... it's how the southern stream energy is handled... there's a piece of vorticity at 72-78 that juts out east, with a dual-low structure consolidating on an eventual low center that is further east

Yeah this looks inconsistent (specifically with the southern stream handling) from prior runs... 

As I posted earlier, lots of bobbling still possible with this... We (you included, Coastal, most of SNE) are praying for Friday's 12z depiction. I still have low confidence in the specifics.

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Although it has a nice backside with the ULL.

There was an awful lot of precipitation to the direct east side of the surface low from hours 66 through 81. I dunno

At the risk of sounding weenieish, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some convective feedback issues with this run. Strange look with the precip distribution while it's down off the NJ coastline. Not tossing it yet, but let's see what the ensembles do. Confidence definitely just got shattered though after being fairly high previously.

Archived