Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If the low really does make it to Cape May or north of there, I doubt NYC sees that kind of snow before a changeover. I think it would be 8-10" max. Still very nice but 50 miles west would see double. 

But there is nothing in any current solution that indicates that option. You are looking , or more like fearing, a trend that isnt there. We are very fortunate tobe where we are in my humble opinion. Enjoy the ride #JustSaying

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If the low really does make it to Cape May or north of there, I doubt NYC sees that kind of snow before a changeover. I think it would be 8-10" max. Still very nice but 50 miles west would see double. 

A lot of models are like this. Nam also gives NJ rain while snowing in NYC.

Didn't the March 93 storm do this? Rather shift west in the final day? And before anyone jumps on this post, I'm not saying that's what's going to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

Didn't the March 93 storm do this? Rather shift west in the final day? And before anyone jumps on this post, I'm not saying that's what's going to happen.

No clue. I just remember the icebergs floating down the street with the coastal flooding from that storm in my town. 

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I don't think so but it tracked right over the jersey shore and up over Newark

and was forcast to do so days in advance, that storm for KNYC was not forcast, at least 4 days prior, to be an all snow event. Mind you the air mass was even colder than the current one but it was known we would go to heavy taint, I remember it like it was yesterday

and was forcast to do so days in advance, that storm for KNYC was not forcast, at least 4 days prior, to be an all snow event. Mind you the air mass was even colder than the current one but it was known we would go to heavy taint, I remember it like it was yesterday

Thanks brother. I was but four yrs old at the time.

Archived