Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think the metro is in for a lot of disappointment tonight regarding snowfall. I think the coast is at risk for major coastal flooding and very high winds. The mixing could be so significant that it turns to rain if models keep amping things up. This afternoons runs were a major red flag for that. 

I think your forgetting that a major model from the suite has consistently brought this further offshore and eliminates mixing for even most of southern New Jersey.

Also, a more dynamic system would most likely translate to more dynamic cooling. I think the bigger risk here is the dryslot, not so much mixing.

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Because they were trending in a far less snowy direction, a couple more ticks west and your snowfall totals will be slashed. 

And a few ticks east and the metro is going to be buried...  On a hunch with all the models being thrown out being most of them so different.  This thing is going to blow up and become a monster we haven't seen in a long time.  Full moon with the tides being 2.5 ft higher then norm . 70 MPH winds things are going to be nuts 

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Our LP isn't actually that far west, just a tick, mid level and intensity blow up precip however N+W of low unlike before.. GFS will follow this tonight or tomorrow 

I'm not concerned about the GFS-the tucked in model consensus makes that far likelier than the GFS runs. 

Archived