joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I stated before, the track itself doesn't look much different to me, however the extent and intensity of the northern and western precip shields, have trended again toward other guidance, GFS is a bomb too

slowed SW energy, better ridging is what the GFS ha s been lacking.. now it's playing ball

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

No clue. I just remember the icebergs floating down the street with the coastal flooding from that storm in my town. 

This Is exactly what I'm thinking here. These western runs while giving us some mix are worst case senerio for coastal flooding and power outages. If we start talking heavy wet paste and gusts to 70 (on the barrier islands like lb) your talking big time power outages. Possibly the worst since Sandy. This is what makes this storm so much more dangerous then any of the other big ones since 2000. Boxing Day had the winds but the snow was dry and this didn't cling. A tree caked in paste is no match for 50 let alone 70 mph gusts 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Very nice improvements on the GFS. And it doesn't tuck the low like crazy to near Cape May like the RGEM. The twin forks mix for a while it looks like but that's it. Hopefully the rest of the guidance ticks east. 

A tick east of the rest of the guidance and everyone wins except maybe eastern LI.

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

widespread 15-20" on GFS, Long Island hits 30 in some spots 

UPTON, will stick with the EURO / GFS/UKIE mix here and and go Blizzard Warning at 4 am for 15-20 ( Yes I think they will up the accumilations and may even say lolis to 24 )

Archived