Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nyblizz44 said:

But why is it one extreme or the other why doesn't the Ensemble show partial phase camp ?

I would think some members would have a partial phase or at least some version of. I just think that in that 6 hour timeframe it reflects that if the phase occurs during that time than we'd be talking about being in line with some of the OP guidance so far this evening. On the other hand if it doesn't than those members agree that in that 6 hour timeframe that is where the low would escape to.

7 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

My main concern is the trough staying neutral too long over the Ohio valley, the SW riding the troughs neutral tilt kicking it east towards benchmark.. we absolutely need for that trough to go neg a bit quicker and pull this west otherwise interiors looking at fringe 

Yeah that's still a concern of mine and I'm in NENJ. As crazy as it sounds I really feel that a benchmark track really only benefits SNE the most because they stick out into the ocean relative to the rest of the eastern seaboard. With all these coastals the last 5-6 years it seems that there is always a sharp cutoff north and west. Inside the BM like what the CMC is showing is the perfect spot for all with the very cold airmass to keep it all snow

10 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

I would think some members would have a partial phase or at least some version of. I just think that in that 6 hour timeframe it reflects that if the phase occurs during that time than we'd be talking about being in line with some of the OP guidance so far this evening. On the other hand if it doesn't than those members agree that in that 6 hour timeframe that is where the low would escape to.

Judging by the much improved upper levels GFS, CMC,  UKIE, and what looks to be a strongly improved Europe which would likely lead to a strongly improved EPS  I think many will sleep well today- including this tired soul 

Archived