Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, weatherfreeeeak said:

I think I just peed my pants after that run. Pure weenie mode and not usually a weenie, little over  two days out!! Still have to correct final details in the next day. 

Hahahahaha! Yep, absolute weenie mode right now. Great to see. This was just like being up this late on here on Christmas Eve 2010 watching the euro to finally come aboard and confirm what we had been hoping only this time bigger (as in area affected).

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Euro says ill give you all your entire seasonal snowfall in the next 10 days and raise you 10-20"....some places are near 4 feet on the kuchera maps, ha.

0z Euro snowmap for next weekend has close to 12 inches for NYC lol

Another wave coming down at 240

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Well folks this could be a march to remember, for the record books. What is NYC all time snowstorms for march anyone know?

Not trying to be a downer here, but this thing is far from set.  If you don't recall, two years ago the models were in complete alignment on Saturday night for a monster blizzard starting Monday Night. It was a bust for many.  So it's good to keep things in perspective while we are 48 hours out.  Oh, and in case you don't recall, the GFS was an eastern outlier for a while there too.

I'm rooting for this thing, too.  But we are still a really long way from the finish line here. 

6 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

Not trying to be a downer here, but this thing is far from set.  If you don't recall, two years ago the models were in complete alignment on Saturday night for a monster blizzard starting Monday Night. It was a bust for many.  So it's good to keep things in perspective while we are 48 hours out.  Oh, and in case you don't recall, the GFS was an eastern outlier for a while there too.

I'm rooting for this thing, too.  But we are still a really long way from the finish line here. 

There are definitely reasons to be cautious and I won't feel comfortable till Monday morning but the setup is more forgiving than that system was. That storm missed by a very small margin (50 miles) and we have a much bigger area of precip this time around. However I'd be playing it safe if you're in the interior zones as totals could get cut back if a more eastern track verifies. 

28 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Well folks this could be a march to remember, for the record books. What is NYC all time snowstorms for march anyone know?

aside from 1888

NYC March snowstorms

3/3-3/4 1960 : 14.5"
3/20 - 3/21 1958: 11.8"
3/18 1956: 11.6"
3/13 1993: 10.6
3/21 - 3/22 1967: 9.8"

3/5 1981: 8.6"
3/1-3/2 2009: 8.3"

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

21.1 inches 1888

second place in March is 18.1 inches on March 7-8 1941. Would love to see them

both go down. Watch the Conservancy F it up somehow. They always do and trust me they will again. 

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

aside from 1888

NYC March snowstorms

3/3-3/4 1960 : 14.5"
3/20 - 3/21 1958: 11.8"
3/18 1956: 11.6"
3/13 1993: 10.6
3/21 - 3/22 1967: 9.8"

3/5 1981: 8.6"
3/1-3/2 2009: 8.3"

Your missing quite a few. There have been 9 storms 10 inches or more in March in NYC plus 2 in April. 

Archived