Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I did, at first was wondering if the mean was being skewed by a couple members but nope, almost all are north of the OP. So is the NAM fwiw.

Yea. GEFS say "stay interested". I think the mesos will be more instructive than usual bc this may come to bear some resemblance to a meso low riding along an Arctic boundary. Interested in the RGEM when it comes into range.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Rain for ORH?

I think mixing is still possible--even up there. I still believe the best surface pressure falls are further north across SNE, and out ahead of the pressing ULL/Arctic boundary. I originally envisioned a SLP track across CT and SE MA. It's still my base case, but  low confidence due to lack of guidancesupport. 

37 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Wackos, I don't even think the clipper is "gone" yet

LOL..right.  I guess we write off a potential Sunday event on Tuesday now??   

Cannot say anything for certain either way.  Sure, very possible it gets squashed(some were thinking that was impossible yesterday).  But passing on a system that is 5-6 days away in a volatile set up like this is just foolish imo.   If this winter has showed us anything this season, it's that things can change super quick...both for the good and bad.  At least we have something to look at.   And I agree with Will, it sure would be a shame to miss out on all these shots...but that can happen; it's happened before and it will happen again.  

Truth be told/clarification ...desperately needed:  Friday's system is still present in the guidance.  It's just not presented as significant here in the proverbial collective-imby of the sub-forum bastion of users. 

That's a rub you just have to be adult and capable of being fair about.  If Friday comes to pass and there is nothing at all, like anywhere ...? That's a different story.

Just because the weather goes out of its way not to enable certain neurosis (heh) doesn't make for failure.  But, if folks can't see the logic there, they are not intellectually capable of even being responsible so it's futile to attempt to penetrate that kind if perspective of matters with any semblance of reason. 

Believe it or not,... the huge lower Manitoba blizzard that is about to seriously hammer southern Canada with 90 mph land based wind gusts over 30" of snow... (hyperbole) that is "the signal" that we were originally tracking some 12 days back.  It just didn't rub the right way closing in.  I get it that there is a spatial argument out there for correctly getting into the geographical regions...and I don't disagree; however, based upon the objective standard of deterministic weather forecasting these days, that criticism really doesn't do anything to diminish the value of first detecting a more favorable pattern for bigger events.  I don't think any winter enthusiast that is sane would argue, or attempt to do so, that now is not better than it was when it was 70 f'ckum five degrees last week or whenever that was - so... give credit where it is due. 

And, that sort of brings me to what Will sort of intimated a while ago, ' ...It would be a waste if nothing materializes over the next 10 days' - not sure what his exact words were, but that's the gist.  That's about all we can do... we parlay. That's how this works.  Forecast is always a crucible of probabilities...adding in and subtracting out relative absurdities and cooking up the most confident solution at that point in time - then subject to change. It's a game.  Question is, do the vagaries of the wind now actually score the coveted back-yard goal for having the apparent players lined up ... the answer is, no - because to the weather, as long as the goal is scored anywhere.  The question is, are you happening to be standing in the way when it does.   

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah ha, so as long as someone gets it....mother nature is satisfied. Well good for her.

:D

greedy b**ch... heh.

Yeah sorry about that - it's really in deference to the onion breath left over by the trolling the other day that impugned people that want/effort to put out thoughts on matters.  childish and probably not really even worth of replying... of course - 

Problem is, I suspect the moderating standard is dimmed these days compared to back in the Wright Weather and Eastern Days when the dino's roamed. We're not in Kansas anymore.  Back then, it was public and charitable - and thusly, moderation had stricter policies of decorum that ...really was designed for morons with limited self-control and a lust/wanton disregard for mutual respect and so forth.

In other words, they just couldn't wait to get to be azzholes. Some folks are really like that, too, and hide their schit streaks in most walks. But ...the advent of the Internet and the creation of the anonymity pen of the keyboard and look out!  It's their dream come true.. 

But for those that engage in writing for this as hobby and what not ... there's a palpable difference in what is tolerated/allowed.  I don't believe it is a coincidence that banner ads started popping up around the same time.  Once this become intended as a profit engine, the interest of attracting mouse-clicks tends to weigh over the interests filtering out ********s.  

I still think Mods need to bounce some individuals.  This site isn't losing much if they toss 10 cretins in 100 tactful, intelligent, useful users. 

But who knows... It's actually reasonably inexpensive to create one's own forum now. There's plenty of Forum software/aps out there now - you just need server band-width.  

Re the NAM .. 

well...all the models.. .if we want to get back to classical discussion points, that's a helluva wind max going along or just underneath LI. 

It could be that the models lost (sort of) sight of that because the thickness gradient was packed S of that axis ..  The wind max may not have been strong enough to ignite counter/inflow up the elevated frontal slope of that S displaced surface front.  

But...get in a little closer in time, and the models sometimes correct all that stuff (though, some of them saw it 5 days back but dropped it...just sayn') 

But what are we talking about here?   ...getting snow in the air ... ? okay.  If the wind max verifies that way, I wouldn't be surprised if it correct toward more, but it's minor no matter what save for some realy critter mechanics that are a crap shoot right now. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

:D

greedy b**ch... heh.

Yeah sorry about that - it's really in deference to the onion breath left over by the trolling the other day that impugned people that want/effort to put out thoughts on matters.  childish and probably not really even worth of replying... of course - 

Problem is, I suspect the moderating standard is dimmed these days compared to back in the Wright Weather and Eastern Days when the dino's roamed. We're not in Kansas anymore.  Back then, it was public and charitable - and thusly, moderation had stricter policies of decorum that ...really was designed for morons with limited self-control and a lust/wanton disregard for mutual respect and so forth.

In other words, they just couldn't wait to get to be azzholes. Some folks are really like that, too, and hide their schit streaks in most walks. But ...the advent of the Internet and the creation of the anonymity pen of the keyboard and look out!  It's their dream come true.. 

But for those that engage in writing for this as hobby and what not ... there's a palpable difference in what is tolerated/allowed.  I don't believe it is a coincidence that banner ads started popping up around the same time.  Once this become intended as a profit engine, the interest of attracting mouse-clicks tends to weigh over the interests filtering out ********s.  

I still think Mods need to bounce some individuals.  This site isn't losing much if they toss 10 cretins in 100 tactful, intelligent, useful users. 

But who knows... It's actually reasonably inexpensive to create one's only forum now. There's plenty of Forum software/aps out there now - you just need server band-width.  

Violently agree. Was just kidding before btw. There is a line between poking, having fun vs trolling. Wasting free time punching a virtual keyboard attacking those who do not get paid to offer their knowledge on such is useless energy. I can disagree with your posts and joke about your steaming cup of tea lol but it is not done to deamonize you. One major decrease in societal communication thesdays (if I can steal a page from you) is the utterly lack of empathy for different opinions. Disagreeing is actually healthy, not a detrament. It is how we go about it that defines us. Yet, we lost that. "Either you agree and see it like me or you're different, not worth my time."

Oops, back to the program, lets see of gfs can come up a bit with the clipper. Need to take this volitale pattern one threat at a time. 

Archived