Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The problem with the GFS is the lack of inflow. It's basically a ribbon of strong frontogenesis. On top of that, you have Bruce Willis NW winds at 850.  So only a narrow area get the goods as modeled.

Still better than being squashed :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The problem with the GFS is the lack of inflow. It's basically a ribbon of strong frontogenesis.

That's essentially my expectation for this: an Arctic front with a meso low or two riding along it. Thing is though it could result in some really impressive rates in a narrow swath. 

Trend will be fairly meaningless if it doesn't continue, but the 12z runs are definitely sharper with the clipper trough. The vortmax responsible for it is still just offshore, so hopefully we'll get one more good bump at 00z when it starts to come onshore.

Still fairly skeptical of it to produce more than nuisance snow, but there's just enough time left to try and get it into something shovelable.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Weekend system actually looks worse than the clipper at this point...but too early to completely give up on it.

This run its does, That's pretty impressive cold over New England this weekend, If that one does not work, Maybe the follow up one on Tues next week will, Would be a shame to waste these threats being cold and dry.

This run its does, That's pretty impressive cold over New England this weekend, If that one does not work, Maybe the follow up one on Tues next week will, Would be a shame to waste these threats being cold and dry.

I honestly think the period middle of next week offers us fringed folks the best chance, that's if you're into March snows.

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I honestly think the period middle of next week offers us fringed folks the best chance, that's if you're into March snows.

I'm a snowpack guy and we are getting into the time of year where that's not going to be a reality, Still have full coverage here but getting thin.

I'm a snowpack guy and we are getting into the time of year where that's not going to be a reality, Still have full coverage here but getting thin.

Likewise. Atleast if we get whiffed, we won't be throwing tantrums like some of the melters did in here yesterday. I know I won't as I'll finish above seasonal even if another storm doesn't materialize.

2 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Likewise. Atleast if we get whiffed, we won't be throwing tantrums like some of the melters did in here yesterday. I know I won't as I'll finish above seasonal even if another storm doesn't materialize.

We had a historic 7 day run here, Unfortunately, We had a 2 week period of warmth that followed it to tarnish it though, I will end up well above avg on the season here, But if these next ones don't work out, Well, They don't work out, Its not like the Jan-Feb period where we build the pack and would be wasting these opportunity's.

Two things to like today.

1) Friday's Clipper is looking juicier.

2) I actually think the Canadian's solution for next week isn't that outlandish with the way the Ukie and Euro are also crushing the energy with the second wave. If that gets trapped down south over the weekend and then waits for the third wave which comes out of the Plains early next week, there's a decent chance they hook up somewhere along the east coast. 

43 minutes ago, dryslot said:

No use for cold and dry this late in the year.  Nobody wants a second pond ice season. Lol

21 minutes ago, Matthew Gross said:

Two things to like today.

1) Friday's Clipper is looking juicier.

2) I actually think the Canadian's solution for next week isn't that outlandish with the way the Ukie and Euro are also crushing the energy with the second wave. If that gets trapped down south over the weekend and then waits for the third wave which comes out of the Plains early next week, there's a decent chance they hook up somewhere along the east coast. 

Welcome aboard!

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

No use for cold and dry this late in the year.  Nobody wants a second pond ice season. Lol

No use in the southern areas and here but would extend the season in the mountains and up north as far as winter activities go.

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This reminds me of the Feb storm. We torched for a day or 2, then the cold front.. then the S/W blew up and models played catch-up on it in each successive run . Almost the same set up here 

Actually I feel like this scenario is eerily similar to early January. Not sure how the actual upper levels compared...I just remember we had that weak wave followed by a Miller A. Things looked decent 6-7 days out, then everything trended south and mostly everyone gave up on them...then they ended up trending north in the final 72 hours and gave most of us south of the Pike a couple decent hits.

Archived