Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Lol at the panic. This is why you don't jump in so soon. 

I didn't want to clog the main thread but F that noise around just wanting to see snow. Big storm or bust. 

I'm not about tracking 4" imby while the rest of 95 shovels 12-24.

I think I'm the opposite of most people. If I've had a super winter (like 2013-14), then I wouldn't care in mid-March if a storm underperforms. But when you've hardly had any snow, and there's the opportunity for a truly memorable storm, then 3-5" is a let down. People can call me entitled, spoiled, or whatever they want, but that's how I see it.

Oh FFS, the constant worrying every single model run is ridiculous. Awww.....my snow is going to melt by the end of the next day. Guess what.......it's fng March. Sun would nuke your snow even if temps were below freezing. Winter is nearly over. Take what you get. 

Just now, AlaskaETC said:

It's not about the snow, it's the trend. 

I'm seriously lol-ing at people in our area that were expecting to see 15 inches of snow in Mid March. a general 4-8 inch system is a MUCH more realistic water mark for this time of year...and even then it's a lot. 

I would honestly be fine with turning off posting rights in the main thread to everyone except pro forecasters, Bob Chill, PSU and the admins. There are some incredibly intolerable folks over there that I normally enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm seriously lol-ing at people in our area that were expecting to see 15 inches of snow in Mid March. a general 4-8 inch system is a MUCH more realistic water mark for this time of year...and even then it's a lot. 

I would honestly be fine with turning off posting rights in the main thread to everyone except pro forecasters, Bob Chill, PSU and the admins. There are some incredibly intolerable folks over there that I normally enjoy. 

Ultimately, we are all a bunch of weenies analyzing model maps. Only people here that can say otherwise are red taggers. It makes no difference. Who cares?

Just now, stormtracker said:

I mean, I get it..of course we all want the big totals...and sure, it's a bit of a letdown to see them cut...but if you told me 4 to 8 inches before we saw all these pretty maps a few days ago, we would have been in this mother-effer popping champagne like we all won the lottery. 

Exactly - I think we all just need to keep the perspective that the DC-Balt area is probably not going to luck into 12+ totals in a widespread fashion in a Mid-March storm. A lot of it might come back to what Ian posted on Twitter about snow maps being used way too heavily. 

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No, it's not. It's about all the little whiny babies and their unrealistic expectations. They see a shiny snow map a week from a storm and think they're getting 18" of snow.

Meh. This mentality really hurts this forum

4 minutes ago, AlaskaETC said:

Unlike fine wine, this place doesn't get better with age 

Agreed. 

On a different note....

From my locational viewpoint, there has been a trend the last 24 hours down here. I was sitting ok 36 hours ago. Of course I will stay optimistic because that's who I am, but I've been anxious I was going to see a trend.  I only hope to the weather gods I'm wrong and someone can tell me "they told me so"  

Let people lose it, it's disheartening and it sucks. But we're all sick mofo's and will be right back here next time.  Had to vent, thanks. 

I think a general rule of thumb is if you're just going to curl up and whine and be in a fetal position you might want to take a break from the forum. If you're here because you're interested in tracking a POTENTIAL winter storm and are interested in the meteorological aspects of it...stay. 

I normally do not get so heated here but c'mon folks. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

I think a general rule of thumb is if you're just going to curl up and whine and be in a fetal position you might want to take a break from the forum. If you're here because you're interested in tracking a POTENTIAL winter storm and are interested in the meteorological aspects of it...stay. 

I normally do not get so heated here but c'mon folks. 

Agreed. I think those who aren't happy about the storm, even if they get decent totals by mid-March standards, should probably keep their complaints to themselves.

What i find somewhat humorous is some of those posters have been here long enough to know very well that the GFS has a track record of throwing a curveball or two in there at closer range. Only to shift back the next run to a very similar solution that it had been showing the whole time. Now if you see 2 or 3 runs in a row go off the rails somewhat then that is a different story.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived