• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to measure because of the wind and the very warm ground but I tested a dozen spots around my property and came up within an inch either side of 12 in most places.  Calling it at 12".  There is 2" of goo at the bottom though and the ground underneath is not frozen so it will compact quite a bit overnight as things drain and freeze, bet if I measure again tomorrow it will be down to 8".

Ouch at PHL-the airport ended up with less than 1". Elsewhere in the city ended with 1-3". The writing was unfortunately on the wall for them last night at 0z and much of central NJ too. But we also saw how ridiculous the high snow ratio maps were, I think many of us ended up under 10-1 even. This stuff wasn't easy shoveling. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Ouch at PHL-the airport ended up with less than 1". Elsewhere in the city ended with 1-3". The writing was unfortunately on the wall for them last night at 0z and much of central NJ too. But we also saw how ridiculous the high snow ratio maps were, I think many of us ended up under 10-1 even. This stuff wasn't easy shoveling. 

I shoveled a bit so I could get out of my apartment this AM, it was like shoveling wet cement.

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Up here ratios were def above 10:1. General 11-14" fell in orange county and im pretty sure LE was <1"

22 minutes ago, snywx said:

Up here ratios were def above 10:1. General 11-14" fell in orange county and im pretty sure LE was <1"

The final batch of snow was high ratio here but that was it. The bottom was slush and beyond that we mostly had 10-1 sand flakes. No thunder here but 7am to 10am's snow rates were everything that was advertised. That was insane. 

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Sun is coming out-nice sunset on tap. I'm going with 11" final, makes my seasonal total 25.5".

See we did have steady snow through 4 PM ;-) this was the perfect day time event- the only thing that would make it better would be to have it last for two days :-P

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The final batch of snow was high ratio here but that was it. The bottom was slush and beyond that we mostly had 10-1 sand flakes. No thunder here but 7am to 10am's snow rates were everything that was advertised. That was insane. 

What was your final total as of 6 PM?

Archived