Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, gymengineer said:

All of this I agree with, except one point of curiosity: Can you explain what you mean about 2/06? 

I tried to figure it out but couldn't :)

I thought 2/06 was going to be a big one.  Ended up with 8" at my location just west of the Pentagon.  Was very disappointed in the late changeover and the torch the next day.  

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The kicker is that temps actually aren't awful. We went from 70s to low/mid 30s before 12z. The one thing we thought was a lock--qpf--busted spectacularly. :lol: 

Seriously, we won't know if it'll snow this season until we can visually confirm it in our backyards.

Well, at least we (you and I) weren't under any warnings or advisories, and the actual forecasts were for less than an inch, so this wasn't really a bust at all.

Philly's not looking so good.

Most exciting part of the storm here was last evening when I got an isolated heavy downpour with temps in the mid 50s. Even the rain with the main storm this morning was lame. Mostly showery light to moderate stuff. Good news is inside of 10 days we have hints of our next potential fail.

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

Guess the models last night were on to something. Glad my other northerners are getting something, but yeah what a lame "storm". 

Took them a while to get there, but the writing was on the wall at least 48 hours ago, especially for towns not adjoining the Maxon-Dixon Line.

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Took them a while to get there, but the writing was on the wall at least 48 hours ago, especially for towns not adjoining the Maxon-Dixon Line.

well yeah, for places like yours. But I still had hopes I'd do well. The lull from the hour of 5-6 really killed my accumulations. Was snowing pretty damn good at 4am, then again when it picked back up around 6am or so. But by then it was a lost cause, precip was on it's way out. 

9 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Yeah I agree, but I didn't wanna say anything. I just quietly put in the most bearish prediction for the storm contest and kept my mouth shut. :lol:

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

well yeah, for places like yours. But I still had hopes I'd do well. The lull from the hour of 5-6 really killed my accumulations. Was snowing pretty damn good at 4am, then again when it picked back up around 6am or so. But by then it was a lost cause, precip was on it's way out. 

It was looking okay per the HRRR through the 5z runs for you guys near the border, but 6z did a major downward trend in accumulation and it never looked back. Kind of sucks to see it play out like that. It actually did a fantastic job with regard to changeover times at long leads for the HRRR, but it took a bit for it to eventually catch up to radar trends. Hope there's enough snow for the Kiddo to make a mini snowman!

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The kicker is that temps actually aren't awful. We went from 70s to low/mid 30s before 12z. The one thing we thought was a lock--qpf--busted spectacularly. :lol: 

Seriously, we won't know if it'll snow this season until we can visually confirm it in our backyards.

I had doubts about the QPF due to some dry HRRR runs. Should've been a big red flag.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived