Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I think I broke my dominant hand when I fell.  Can't put weight on it for push-ups which I do daily.  Oh well-doggy needs to go out so I have a snow diversion.

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Jerry. I hope that it isn't broken. In any case, I hope that it will heal quickly.

Just Got to 6".  If you looked at my radar since 10am, you'd SWAER it was 9"-10".  Have had 1.5" in 3 Hours with yellows and dark green on the radar.  

Highest Compact total you'll find with a ruler is 4.5" to make matters worse.  Complete Fail here.  NO IDEA What Happened.  This has occurred Many time over the last 3 years here.  

Wow, this is the second time NWS has omitted my total. The first time was that Thanksgiving storm we had back in 2013 or 2014. I got in a huge altercation with ENX about it on Facebok and told them they cherry pick totals to help their verification. This time OKX is the culprit, omitting my 2.1" total for the DOT's 3" total. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Wow, this is the second time NWS has omitted my total. The first time was that Thanksgiving storm we had back in 2013 or 2014. I got in a huge altercation with ENX about it on Facebok and told them they cherry pick totals to help their verification. This time OKX is the culprit, omitting my 2.1" total for the DOT's 3" total. Pathetic.

Sometimes they get inundated with reports.   Are you a co-op or trained spotter?

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's producing but not as richly as what were in about 90 minutes ago.

Yeah ceilings are rising now. As Scooter said, drier air starting to work in. There will still be some currier and Ives stuff I think though. 

7 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Jerry. I hope that it isn't broken. In any case, I hope that it will heal quickly.

Thanks Don.   At this point I am happy it's the hand and note the heart.  I'll get it imaged if it's not feeling better by Monday.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah ceilings are rising now. As Scooter said, drier air starting to work in. There will still be some currier and Ives stuff I think though. 

Thing is the currier and Ives stuff easily adds to totals with not much intensity-you can pull an inch so easily.

5 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

I noticed okx used to do that to me, until I got a skywarn#, now ALY always post my totals, I've even gotten emails from Dan, I think, wanting some more info like first flakes etc. surprised you only got 2.1", when I was down there a couple hours ago, Waterbury had like 4-5 easy and it was ripping, Looks like the back edge is approaching for me, got 4.1, probably end up with 4.25..too bad snowgrowth wasn't better, would have had 8" easy

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That's rough Fella.  Hope you mend soon

Thanks. Dave-careful driving!  My daughter was out with a friend with the car (wife said it was ok while I was out breaking my hand...lol) and came home around 1:30-pretty dicey but she made it.

9 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Just Got to 6".  If you looked at my radar since 10am, you'd SWAER it was 9"-10".  Have had 1.5" in 3 Hours with yellows and dark green on the radar.  

Highest Compact total you'll find with a ruler is 4.5" to make matters worse.  Complete Fail here.  NO IDEA What Happened.  This has occurred Many time over the last 3 years here.  

That's pretty unfortunate, but it does support my observations in Pawtucket. I have about 6.5 inches so far. I expect 1-3 more inches of additional snowfall.

Archived