• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

Went out dog-stayed upright this time but held the leash in the other hand...lol.   Was piling up with big flakes but now back to regular steady snow and smaller flakes-looks to be around 7.5 and counting with the bands seamingly reforming for a grand finale over eastern areas.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mia is a mix Pit Rottie Lab, thrown out of truck with her puppies. I fell in love with her when we were fostering her and she became my first foster fail.  Windy and much colder out now, great snow growth.

ha. i love the foster fails, 6 years later "i guess we will just keep her" ;)

good times in ECT. 

7 minutes ago, ajisai said:

Is that band south of Boston going to move north ?

For our area (Boston metro), we're counting on additional redevelopment of bands further west that collapse into our area...

the bands will also acquire a more N-S orientation later into the night as surface and 850 mb lows move further to our east

33 minutes ago, eyewall said:

15825948_1897763267119682_44622022458521

Pileup on I-91 in CT. 

Yeah that's pretty close to me. You know what, the public was not prepared for this for the most part. A lot of people were misinformed (nws,twc?) Yesterday i was talking to a friend of mine that was planning to go out because "we barely getting anything! we'll be lucky if we get an inch" And this is what happens when people don't take it seriously and drive like everything is fine.

2 minutes ago, DamnIce said:

6" new. Last time I'm officially measuring. May squeak out another 1/2" or inch. Rum and cokes are flowing. Enjoy out east, hoping someone will pull an 18 or 20 spot.

That's it? I was at 5.5" as of 4:45PM. I'm guessing im at 7 or a bit higher by now, but ill let you know soon Joe, thx.

so I just got back from a drive to naugatuck.. they had about 5" otg and great snowgrowth, on the way back, noticed the good aggregate became poor just north of Waterbury, still snowing good, and low visibility, but not great snowgrowth...i just cleaned the board and have 3.75" new...not going to complain when two days ago forcast was partly cloudy

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mia is a mix Pit Rottie Lab, thrown out of truck with her puppies. I fell in love with her when we were fostering her and she became my first foster fail.  Windy and much colder out now, great snow growth.

We own a couple of Rhodesian Ridgebacks and a 5 month old Mini Bull Terrier.  The big guys tolerate the snow, the little guy hates it!

16 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah that's pretty close to me. You know what, the public was not prepared for this for the most part. A lot of people were misinformed (nws,twc?) Yesterday i was talking to a friend of mine that was planning to go out because "we barely getting anything! we'll be lucky if we get an inch" And this is what happens when people don't take it seriously and drive like everything is fine.

I hate that excuse. If it's snowing and the roads are slick, then slow down. You don't need a weatherman to tell you how to drive.

we had a big one in NH too on 93 south in the death valley portion between exits 3 and 4. Probably a few morons going 85mph coming from up north and hitting the snow accums in S NH like a wall. 

Archived