Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
MN Transplant

1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If there is where it sets up, this forum will feel the rage of the weenie. dae84be618b2d1bb6159be54f6b454f7.png

See the manassas dot...I'm about 15 miles SW of that. And you could have just left the 95 line as the divider ha!

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

See the manassas dot...I'm about 15 miles SW of that

Just got up in Gainesville. Looks like nothing has gone on here. Too dry and too far sw.

I was a little annoyed that I was going to have to split my CoCoRahs report into two days because of the 7am timing.  Now I'm pretty comfortable in putting down a 0.  Not a T, since there is no evidence that a single flake fell here.

Just now, MN Transplant said:

I was a little annoyed that I was going to have to split my CoCoRahs report into two days because of the 7am timing.  Now I'm pretty comfortable in putting down a 0.  Not a T, since there is no evidence that a single flake fell here.

Thoughts on the panic slowly creeping up in (some) folks who are awake at this early hour? lol

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Thoughts on the panic slowly creeping up in (some) folks who are awake at this early hour? lol

Completely justified.  I mean, it looks like we will see some snow fall, but the weenie dreams of those couple to few inches are dead.  DCA is still 24/8.  

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Completely justified.  I mean, it looks like we will see some snow fall, but the weenie dreams of those couple to few inches are dead.  DCA is still 24/8.  

Encouraging... lol

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

:yikes:

Could add a lot of people to the casualty list today. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

:yikes:

Could add a lot of people to the casualty list today. 

This was a fun storm to track this past week, regardless of the outcome. Imagine getting obsessed with a storm that may produce .2 in snow. Lots of minor changes along the way kept my interest alive.

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Well...it's cold enough to snow...enjoy everyone...I'm getting coffee then heading out. Good luck and congrats if you're getting snow.

I'm having a cup of coffee by the fire enjoying the last morning of the Christmas tree now and considering taking a drive to the eastern shore for a mini snow chase and brewery tour.

Almost forgot to mention the best part. Gene Autry Christmas album playing quietly too. The holiday season is too short.

Coming into my overnight shift I thought I was gonna bust 1" too low everywhere around D.C., but now my forecast is looking alright :P

Wow. What the hell happened? This looks like epic failure. Total crap. Its funny. And sad. So many hours looking at this for what it appears will be NOTHING. Its comical. But if radar improves, I will be back IN. 

Just now, Stormpc said:

Wow. What the hell happened? This looks like epic failure. Total crap. Its funny. And sad. So many hours looking at this for what it appears will be NOTHING. Its comical. But if radar improves, I will be back IN. 

LOL.  Yeah I thought after last night's RGEM we were definitely good for 2 or more inches.   

Anyway, doesn't look like the radar will improve for this one.  The trajectory of the good blob is all wrong for us, and this thing is in a serious hurry.