• Member Statistics

    15,528
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
MN Transplant

1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If there is where it sets up, this forum will feel the rage of the weenie. dae84be618b2d1bb6159be54f6b454f7.png

See the manassas dot...I'm about 15 miles SW of that. And you could have just left the 95 line as the divider ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

See the manassas dot...I'm about 15 miles SW of that

Just got up in Gainesville. Looks like nothing has gone on here. Too dry and too far sw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a little annoyed that I was going to have to split my CoCoRahs report into two days because of the 7am timing.  Now I'm pretty comfortable in putting down a 0.  Not a T, since there is no evidence that a single flake fell here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MN Transplant said:

I was a little annoyed that I was going to have to split my CoCoRahs report into two days because of the 7am timing.  Now I'm pretty comfortable in putting down a 0.  Not a T, since there is no evidence that a single flake fell here.

Thoughts on the panic slowly creeping up in (some) folks who are awake at this early hour? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Thoughts on the panic slowly creeping up in (some) folks who are awake at this early hour? lol

Completely justified.  I mean, it looks like we will see some snow fall, but the weenie dreams of those couple to few inches are dead.  DCA is still 24/8.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Completely justified.  I mean, it looks like we will see some snow fall, but the weenie dreams of those couple to few inches are dead.  DCA is still 24/8.  

Encouraging... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Completely justified.  I mean, it looks like we will see some snow fall, but the weenie dreams of those couple to few inches are dead.  DCA is still 24/8.  

:yikes:

Could add a lot of people to the casualty list today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

:yikes:

Could add a lot of people to the casualty list today. 

This was a fun storm to track this past week, regardless of the outcome. Imagine getting obsessed with a storm that may produce .2 in snow. Lots of minor changes along the way kept my interest alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Well...it's cold enough to snow...enjoy everyone...I'm getting coffee then heading out. Good luck and congrats if you're getting snow.

I'm having a cup of coffee by the fire enjoying the last morning of the Christmas tree now and considering taking a drive to the eastern shore for a mini snow chase and brewery tour.

Almost forgot to mention the best part. Gene Autry Christmas album playing quietly too. The holiday season is too short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming into my overnight shift I thought I was gonna bust 1" too low everywhere around D.C., but now my forecast is looking alright :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. What the hell happened? This looks like epic failure. Total crap. Its funny. And sad. So many hours looking at this for what it appears will be NOTHING. Its comical. But if radar improves, I will be back IN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stormpc said:

Wow. What the hell happened? This looks like epic failure. Total crap. Its funny. And sad. So many hours looking at this for what it appears will be NOTHING. Its comical. But if radar improves, I will be back IN. 

LOL.  Yeah I thought after last night's RGEM we were definitely good for 2 or more inches.   

Anyway, doesn't look like the radar will improve for this one.  The trajectory of the good blob is all wrong for us, and this thing is in a serious hurry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.