• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

1 minute ago, Cheeznado said:

This is the 6th run in a row that has Atlanta at least 4". Biggest change is that earlier we were more on the northern fringe of the heaviest snow, now right in the middle.

Sure hope you can get in on the action this time. It's been a while since the city has seen anything. I think 3 years correct?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SteveVa said:

GFS shows no signs of NW trend. Keeps it plenty cold with the bullseye 100-150 miles to my south. At this point I'd much rather be north of the bullseye than south.

I don't think the low itself moved NW, but the precip shield certainly did.  Maybe about 50 miles or so.  CLT now in the 4-5" range.  I'd call that a huge win at this point. 

15 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The GFS is still trending a little more NW with snowfall if you look at the past 3 runs. For example the 6z gave GSO around an inch, now the 12Z is closer to 2 inches. Mountains are getting more too

Yes there is an upstick in a NW trend with snowfall. This has been a trend over the past 3 to 4 runs.

Just now, J.C. said:

CMC snow map looks like it moved closer to the GFS solution.

I think it moved away.  The GFS has been consistent through ATL on the last four runs and the CMC has only decreased it's action over the area.  It might be different for your spot.

23 minutes ago, SteveVa said:

GFS shows no signs of NW trend. Keeps it plenty cold with the bullseye 100-150 miles to my south. At this point I'd much rather be north of the bullseye than south.

Most definitely. It's always a nail biter here in SEVA. 

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

nc folks will like this one...the dwd-icon drops 0.50 to 0.75 for a pretty big area with almost an inch liquid in the mountains. looks cold enough aloft at least for much of north ga and sc too. 

Talk about lift as it comes up from the SW.. WOW that is a major increase.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived