• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

2 minutes ago, Wow said:

Which works into the biases of each of these models. UKMET tends to amplify, but has been consistent.  GFS has always been known as the suppressor, following the footsteps of its predecessor, the MRF.

UKMET is a straight up Miller A that'll change E NC, SC, GA from snow to rain as it phases over the the SE and WAA draws up.  But big, big, for the western areas.

Yeah those tend to be huge hits for us.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If you use the "NavGEM rule" based on its 12Z run it would most definitely indicate the GFS/Euro are slightly too far south and east for places like AL/GA and potentially WAY too south and east for eastern SC/NC/VA.  The UKIE could be onto something for sure if you use the typical NavGEM tendency.

Just saw that...similar to the CMC with track.  Not a bad look. 

10 minutes ago, Wow said:

Which works into the biases of each of these models. UKMET tends to amplify, but has been consistent.  GFS has always been known as the suppressor, following the footsteps of its predecessor, the MRF.

UKMET is a straight up Miller A that'll change E NC, SC, GA from snow to rain as it phases over the the SE and WAA draws up.  But big, big, for the western areas.

That's it, and when you blend the models and their known bias and the way the setup has evolved in the models it all screams text book decent to large snowfall for parts of GA/SC and most of NC.....sweating ever run is pointless everything is right where we want it, folks just got to let it play out without freaking out every run......

7 minutes ago, griteater said:

I don't know, when you have a collection over a lifetime of winter storm fails, I see no issues with sweating over every single run....it's part of the deal

Ha, if we're crazy enough to be on the weather boards, certainly we're crazy enough to sweat every run.  Kinda goes hand in hand right? :D

6 minutes ago, griteater said:

xn7vas.gif

Dang it, KOD.  DT mentions a southern storm.  Nah, maybe he brings the mojo.  If EURO holds serve or better I'll be felling pretty good for clt.  Still worried last run didn't give with the ensembles.  I always want EURO on my side.    

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

Ha, if we're crazy enough to be on the weather boards, certainly we're crazy enough to sweat every run.  Kinda goes hand in hand right? :D

Dang it, KOD.  DT mentions a southern storm.  Nah, maybe he brings the mojo.  If EURO holds serve or better I'll be felling pretty good for clt.  Still worried last run didn't give with the ensembles.  I always want EURO on my side.    

Agreed.... If we can get a consensus from the Euro/GFS/Canadian/UKmet by the 0z runs tonight, then we can just argue about amounts. That would be kind of nice actually.

Archived