• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

On 1/19/2020 at 1:00 AM, Tarheel17 said:

At this point I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip to Singapore for a few months.

At least when I am baking in the tropical heat and humidity, it'll meet my expectations.

:maphot:

Why spend the money, in a few months we'll all be baking in the tropical heat and humidity here. 

24 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Why spend the money, in a few months we'll all be baking in the tropical heat and humidity here. 

Luckily my company is funding the trip. Maybe they know how much I hate the heat and want me to have effectively 8 months of summer this year since I will get back just in time for our yearly May heat wave.

• Like 1

I am so tired of seeing storm after storm either lake cut, app run or out to sea. I’m at the edge of the cliff and pretty sure I’m going to dive.

3 hours ago, Grayman said:

I am so tired of seeing storm after storm either lake cut, app run or out to sea. I’m at the edge of the cliff and pretty sure I’m going to dive.

The bright side is if you dive off the cliff it will be over quick for you.  Instasplat.

• Haha 1

I went outside yesterday to spray some weeds with a new thing of Roundup that I bought from Lowes a couple weeks ago.  It's been sitting in my garage since that time.  I poured it into my sprayer and it was all clumpy...like a slushy.  Anybody know why that is?  @mackerel_sky ?  Bueller?  Anybody?

3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I went outside yesterday to spray some weeds with a new thing of Roundup that I bought from Lowes a couple weeks ago.  It's been sitting in my garage since that time.  I poured it into my sprayer and it was all clumpy...like a slushy.  Anybody know why that is?  @mackerel_sky ?  Bueller?  Anybody?

It will clump if not stored warm safe and dry

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/roundup-clump-up-jug-94254.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Not sure. Have never seen that before. I would just take it back and get a new one! Did you mix it? Maybe the clumps would dissolve? That stuff will give you cancer! Should have used preemergent, I know a guy!

• Like 1

Couple more tics north from the euro and it’ll be seasonal and wet next week as opposed to seasonal and dry! Exciting model runs ahead

33 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Not sure. Have never seen that before. I would just take it back and get a new one! Did you mix it? Maybe the clumps would dissolve? That stuff will give you cancer! Should have used preemergent, I know a guy!

Haha I haven't seen that before either.  On the other hand, I don't usually spray weeds at 40F.  Anyway, saw the article that Fraz posted.  Hopefully, it'll work ok when it warms up.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Haha I haven't seen that before either.  On the other hand, I don't usually spray weeds at 40F.  Anyway, saw the article that Fraz posted.  Hopefully, it'll work ok when it warms up.

Yeah, the saddest part of the whole thing is, having to sparky weeds in mid January!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The other thing is glyphosate, IIRC does not work below 70 degrees.

• Like 2

Well, I enjoyed my winter the past 3 days. Would've been nice to see some snow but a 3 day window doesn't give much opportunity. Back to above average and then spring in 3 weeks baby. I love the upstate!

:weep:

23 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

The other thing is glyphosate, IIRC does not work below 70 degrees.

That is good to know.  Thanks man!

I love how some of the talk in the Foothills/Mountains thread was mocking the doom and gloom from the main thread when they were just able to squeeze out a couple inches of snow on what was forecast to be a dry day! If that ever happened outside the mountains, I would never bicker again. Haven't seen a flake this winter!

7 hours ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

I have a feeling that Feb will deliver a few board wide winter storms. Just a feeling.

It's completely a guess but I feel the same way. At least they are showing several coastal storms or late bloomers in the Mid Atlantic. Cold is an issue (haven't heard that before). We still have a lot of winter to go but man, I haven't seen many runs in the last couple weeks even in fantasy land advertising a single flake for Raleigh. Hard to keep hope alive while burning through 2 months of prime climo relying entirely on a month that has let us down so frequently...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

This winter has made me excited for the line of heavy rain to come through tommorow night. That's how much it's sucked.

And just when we’re starting to dry out, too.  I was getting tired of toweling off my dog’s paws after he came back in.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

And just when we’re starting to dry out, too.  I was getting tired of toweling off my dog’s paws after he came back in.

I'm in the same boat. My fiancé and I had to buy wet paw wipes. Our mudroom is living up to its name! At least the ground has been frozen for a few days so there's been some relief

• Like 1

Check out dog boots on amazon. I’ve used them since fall of 2018 and they have saved my rugs and no more wiping wet paws. Walkee Paws waterproof dog leggings. They look ridiculous but they stay on and work great as long as you put them on correctly. And a bonus is fun to watch your dog walk in them.

And now, back to the weather...

Is anyone seeing a single fantasy map show anything frozen for SC? I haven't seen a single one the past couple of days. Pretty bad when you can't even find fantasy snow in the heart of "winter."