Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It develops to late for there for the heaviest precip, Still decent though seeing a day or so ago there was nothing for the majority

Agree.....I'm good with 4-5 inches.  Definitely looks like a very nice hit for eastern MA up the coast.  Keeping fingers crossed for things to get cranking a bit sooner :)

Mmm..  

12z raises eyebrows --> 18z somewhat less so ...but still interesting --> 00z re-raises eyebrows to even higher arcs --> 06z just back down enough we pretend it wasn't annoying... --> 12z ...back to arcing eyebrows, but even more so..

There's a definitive pattern there in my estimation to imply more impact every other run.  I'm wondering if that's a data density in the initialization issue.  Also, I know the 06 and 18 z runs used to employ the 00z and 12z run, hour 6 and 12 derivatives (respectively) to fill voids.  Not sure that's even done that way anymore, but ... seeing as there a kind o yo-yo going on as listed above, I wonder if the field is merely perturb weaker on the 2s.  hm. 

Welp... this is probably one of very few ways to get the job done in an otherwise cyclone-challenged, uber compressed, surplussed gradient maelstrom of a regime ... such that we've suffered for over a month now... We had one snow event that was completely idiosyncratic timing dumb f luck really, now this...?  Relative to this flow/acceptance, things can (obviously - duh) be a lot worse; we could easily have not had the dumb f luck thing, then this waits to bomb higher up in latitude.  Hopefully it works out..

'Course, we did say all along that nickle and dimer QPF events were favored over bigger organized cyclones ..so ...hindsight is 20/20 and there you go.   This is not a "big" cyclone -... this kind of reminds me (from a physical point of view alone) of Dec 2005.  No anolog or pour at best, but..there is one facet to this thing that fits; it's the fact that tonight and tomorrow we lay down a fresh polar air mass that is non-modulated and thus has the potential to have a very sharp llv frontal wall as it sets its axis up SW-NE along or just offshore the MA/NE coasts.  Then, you run a 110 to 120+ kt jet max over the top?  ... boom. Everything else is kind of unique in that it's a 'non hydrostatic' sort of cyclonic forcing do to mesoscale parameters being sort of exotic.  The thermal compression is going be immense, which tips/angles the flow as it pours N very upright as it crosses an unusually tilted elevated frontal slope.  The small circulation area of a pressure coring into the 970's is a smoking gun for unusually intense UVM passing overhead.  It some philosophical sense ...may as well be a mesocyclone

Nice, and just in time... It's like the party is nearly full and we're standing next in the line, then the usher allows just us in before telling everyone to go away.... Ironic metaphor perhaps in that NYC can't come in.. ha.

By the way... this looks like a slam dunk for those brilliant white vap-vap flashes bursting through the windows ... "Hey, was that - " ...kerboom.  yup.

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Scott is euro leading and nam catching up? or is one model going to lead the way?

japanese-horse-racing-game.gif

Graphic for your reference. Here, the Euro is out front, but see how it makes tiny fluctuations? There's still time for adjustments at this range.

The RGM is on two legs (not in range yet), the CMC is the gorilla, the GFS is the white horse directly behind the Euro (its ensemble members are battling on its back), and the JMA is the walrus at the back with NAM right next to it.

I know we're not supposed to post weatherbell stuff but I hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Graphic for your reference. Here, the Euro is out front, but see how it makes tiny fluctuations? There's still time for adjustments at this range.

The RGM is on two legs (not in range yet), the CMC is the gorilla, the GFS is the white horse directly behind the Euro (its ensemble members are battling on its back), and the JMA is the walrus at the back with NAM right next to it.

This could be the best post ever. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They both have the same idea,

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

NAM is just more compact. 

lmao! understood, you said it in a great way !

Archived