• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman
mappy

December Obs and Disc Thread

40% chance of snow showers here tomorrow.  Was in Staunton, VA around 4:00 this afternoon when a snow squall came in.  Knocked the temp down enough for a quick coating.  Could definitely see that happening here during the day tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Midlo Snow Maker said:

Pouring snow here winds gusting to 41mph temp 24 lightning strikes showing up on radarscscope 

Screenshot_20161229-215226.png

Nice man.  Where are you staying?  I'll be driving up to Davis tomorrow.  A little hesitant about driving in my Honda Fit in these conditions but I have 4 new snow tires.  Are you doing any skiing?

10 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Nice man.  Where are you staying?  I'll be driving up to Davis tomorrow.  A little hesitant about driving in my Honda Fit in these conditions but I have 4 new snow tires.  Are you doing any skiing?

I'm up top on valley view rd next to dolly sods . Just had a gust to 45 mph it's insane outside right now . Probably will ski Saturday 

Just now, Midlo Snow Maker said:

I'm up top on valley view rd next to dolly sods . Just had a gust to 45 mph it's insane outside right now . Probably will ski Saturday 

Awesome.  Such a beautiful area.  I'll be in Blackwater Falls in a Cabin for 3 nights.  Hoping there is enough snow to XC ski and snowshoe.  

Snow is picking up. .got a light coating on all surfaces even though I'm on the northern edge of the band. 4k nam showed this possibility last night .Even heavier squalls went through Northern  Frederick county . 

It's over but it was nice while it lasted

17 minutes ago, lpaschall said:

Side roads and 140 in Westminster have a light coating already.

Awesome! ... the band actually set up ssw of me so whoever was under the core did well for sure..

Latest radar has Catoctins getting nailed again