Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. I correctly called a decent Dec.

I blew January. That was a terrible forecast by me. I thought that would be a good month. 

But, I don't recall anyone calling for a torched Jan. 

You were calling for a great December. Between snow and temps, I wouldn't call it great, better up north though. Why don't you wait and see how it plays out. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You were calling for a great December. Between snow and temps, I wouldn't call it great, better up north though. Why don't you wait and see how it plays out. 

That would be 100% incorrect.. Here is my Dec forecast 

December:
Colder than last December. Should average out near normal with normal snowfall. It won't be bitter cold, but cold enough for several decent snow events. The chances of a white Xmas are exponentially higher than last year when we were wearing shorts and toweling off back sweat as we decked the halls.   The second half of the month should be the coldest and snowiest relative to normal.

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That would be 100% incorrect.. Here is my Dec forecast 

December:
Colder than last December. Should average out near normal with normal snowfall. It won't be bitter cold, but cold enough for several decent snow events. The chances of a white Xmas are exponentially higher than last year when we were wearing shorts and toweling off back sweat as we decked the halls.   The second half of the month should be the coldest and snowiest relative to normal.

I guess that changed in your subsequent texts in November. You were pretty excited. 

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn't mind spending a winter or two in montague NY area up around 1700 feet in tug hill. Snow retention there is def better than other les belts. Id probably tire though eventually of not getting big coastals. 

Right here, East Lacona 1273 feet, 11 inches of QPF in the pack

66 last 2 days

43.6436_075.9488_2017013106_2017020706_0_600_400_us_a__0_58_0_58_90_1_snow_cover.png

21 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Right here, East Lacona 1273 feet, 11 inches of QPF in the pack

66 last 2 days

43.6436_075.9488_2017013106_2017020706_0_600_400_us_a__0_58_0_58_90_1_snow_cover.png

Yeah that's legit... holy crap at double digit water in the snowpack at 1,200ft.

Last Wednesday I was at 7.25" at 1,500ft and 16.5" at 3,000ft for liquid (I think I'm remembering those right, haha).

This is awesome.  Watching the Pat's comeback and it is dumping snow outside with 1" in the last hour in squalls.

It feels like flakes are in the air all the time so I just went back and looked... 22 of the last 25 days have had at least a trace of snow at home.  15 consecutive days now with at least some snow falling from the sky.

It'll be interesting to add it up over MET winter.  December had a huge run of like 3 weeks of flakes coming from the sky daily.  Not a lot of snow but wintry appeal.  Crazy active pattern this winter for squalls though.

Feb_5b_zpstj7vlvkx.gif

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is awesome.  Watching the Pat's comeback and it is dumping snow outside with 1" in the last hour in squalls.

It feels like flakes are in the air all the time so I just went back and looked... 22 of the last 25 days have had at least a trace of snow at home.  15 consecutive days now with at least some snow falling from the sky.

It'll be interesting to add it up over MET winter.  December had a huge run of like 3 weeks of flakes coming from the sky daily.  Not a lot of snow but wintry appeal.  Crazy active pattern this winter for squalls though.

Feb_5b_zpstj7vlvkx.gif

We have had a trace or at least flakes in the air quite often too. The only problem is rarely has it been anything more than that lol. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

We have had a trace or at least flakes in the air quite often too. The only problem is rarely has it been anything more than that lol. 

Haha here we've been a bunch of days in the 1-3" range.  Now around 1.5" here this evening so it'll again fall in that range.

Thundersnow now approaching the Mansfield/Smuggs area up to Belvidere.

BTV has it covered with a SPS for 1-2" and lightning with the line.  

I will say I've seen the best squalls I can remember this year.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wonder how many Pats fans gave up and went to bed. Not saying you .. there's a lot out there 

It certainly looked bleak.  I left the party I was at after the 3rd and watched the comeback at home alone.  My wife is sick and had left even earlier than I and my daughter did not give 2 ****s about the game.

Archived