• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Euro pretty meh on the sat-sun event

Was colder down this way, so maybe a bit of snow that run...but yeah, I actually thought the run was going to be pretty good when I saw the s/w at 72 hours, but then it kind of dampened out...even at 90h it looked pretty potent, but it just couldn't dig far enough.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Was colder down this way, so maybe a bit of snow that run...but yeah, I actually thought the run was going to be pretty good when I saw the s/w at 72 hours, but then it kind of dampened out...even at 90h it looked pretty potent, but it just couldn't dig far enough.

Lot less consolidated at hr 72 on the 12z then hr 84 of the 0z run as it moves east, It was a tad colder though but it was pretty warm overall as compared to the GFS, Will continue to watch it going forward to see if we can sharpen up the trough for something more appealing

Im talking about thursday.  I assume youre talking sunday/monday?  The euro is a big snowstorm for cumberland colchester and moncton. 

Yeah different storm but the weekend storm thumps Moncton on Euro. Didn't look further out as it's hard enough to follow something inside 5 days let alone 10...lol.

2 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

GFS continues to show the dumpage of arctic air into the central Plains towards the end of its run.  People the arctic is coming, the arctic is coming, we just need to wait two weeks.

Last I checked sea ice was actually melting in the Arctic.  I think it's the first such sustained melting event in recorded modern history.

10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Eduggs, the arctic spilled into Siberia and is traveling eastward through Alaska into the western US and central Plains then into the eastern US amidst a strongly negative AO.

I know.  I was just trying to be silly and pointing out the irony of talking about the arrival of an Arctic airmass while parts of the Arctic melt with +40 temp. anomalies.  

Archived