Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wasnow215 said:

The Canadian, GFS, and European models three totally different scenarios for the 0z models.  Has to be frustrating for weather forecasters.  And can't argue with people who say weather models have some real issue still.

Clearly, the models are showing a whole bunch of WTF for days. lol 

9 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

If Britton isn't injured, Buck should be canned. No excuse. I'm sick in my stomach right now. 

He was saving Britton for if the O's took the lead. I get that, but have the back to back singles, you got to bring Britton in. He's a ground-ball pitcher and could have induced a double play.

@WEATHERBUFF

Your reasoning is essentially - if you haven't heard of a meteorologist they should carry less weight than others? Yes, Glen Schwartz is a great POV. But just because he's on TV does not make him the authority on meteorology/forecasting. I'm not sure why we are having this argument...

Using your reasoning - because you haven't heard of the countless meteorologists working at NWS offices they must not have as much skill as a famous TV met? 

Broadcast mets are the face of meteorology - that doesn't automatically give them a higher skill level than the behind the scenes folks or people who you haven't heard of. 

Just making sure you understand that fact. 

9 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Ok......

Is there something about Eskimo Joe the rest of you know about that explains his posting style? Or is his persona on this board just who he is?

I'll tell you that he has a long list of snowfall forecast busts.  He always tries to downplay everything.  That's his posting style.  Being wrong.

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The Panic Room will be rockin' this season :thumbsup:...:cry:

The best angle is to go into this winter expecting a stinker. That's where I'm at. Unless climo has changed we are going to regress.  Does anyone believe that MA snow climo is permanently increasing? Lol...nah

22 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The best angle is to go into this winter expecting a stinker. That's where I'm at. Unless climo has changed we are going to regress.  Does anyone believe that MA snow climo is permanently increasing? Lol...nah

if we don't have a 3' snow pack by turkey day this winter is a total effing fail

9 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Ok......

Is there something about Eskimo Joe the rest of you know about that explains his posting style? Or is his persona on this board just who he is?

He's a death and destruction type of nerd. Works in emergency management, so I guess he always wants it to be big, bad and ugly. When it's not, he downplays it, calls bust, is a debbie downer. It's just who he is... 

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

You've lost it.

Snow is how we roll around here.

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You've lost it.

Snow is how we roll around here.

It's weird. This is probably the least interested I've ever been at long range thoughts for winter. I guess 2 years loaded with events and a ton of cold followed up by a year with an incredible long track blizzard has satisfied me more than I thought. I don't see how this winter can exceed the fun we've had lately. Of course in 6 weeks I'll be a obsessed long range hound with a wxbell subscription. Until then? I got nuttin'

24 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's weird. This is probably the least interested I've ever been at long range thoughts for winter. I guess 2 years loaded with events and a ton of cold followed up by a year with an incredible long track blizzard has satisfied me more than I thought. I don't see how this winter can exceed the fun we've had lately. Of course in 6 weeks I'll be a obsessed long range hound with a wxbell subscription. Until then? I got nuttin'

Yeah, it's like a disease. I won't be satisfied until I get my 16 snow events of 4" plus.

It's gonna be good this year.  I had a squirrel and a wooly worm tell me that very thing just yesterday.  I think that squirrel must have weighed 20 lbs.

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yeah, it's like a disease. I won't be satisfied until I get my 16 snow events of 4" plus.

It's gonna be good this year.  I had a squirrel and a wooly worm tell me that very thing just yesterday.  I think that squirrel must have weighed 20 lbs.

I saw a wooly-bear caterpillar the other day that was the lightest brown I've ever seen without even the slightest trace of black.  Not good.  :(

29 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I saw a wooly-bear caterpillar the other day that was the lightest brown I've ever seen without even the slightest trace of black.  Not good.  :(

I looked at my snake last night and it told me it's going to be a long hard winter.

On 10/5/2016 at 10:39 AM, Kmlwx said:

@WEATHERBUFF

Your reasoning is essentially - if you haven't heard of a meteorologist they should carry less weight than others? Yes, Glen Schwartz is a great POV. But just because he's on TV does not make him the authority on meteorology/forecasting. I'm not sure why we are having this argument...

Using your reasoning - because you haven't heard of the countless meteorologists working at NWS offices they must not have as much skill as a famous TV met? 

Broadcast mets are the face of meteorology - that doesn't automatically give them a higher skill level than the behind the scenes folks or people who you haven't heard of. 

Just making sure you understand that fact. 

I am aware of that but if hm was so good he would be noticed more or quoted more besides this forum.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived