Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October OBS and discussion

EastCoast NPZ

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.55" here. Its been a steady rain, mostly moderate in intensity, since about this time yesterday morning. Long duration, so no real flooding issues.

I would gladly send some of it to you folks NW of I-95 where you need it.

Honestly, I have had enough here. Including this event, have now had more than 10.5" in the last 3 weeks.

24 minutes ago, Fozz said:

This is like the rain version of 12/26/2010 :lol:

Yeah that's what I said yesterday in this thread, it's hilarious to look at. If we get another storm that misses us like that this year... well, WxWatcher007 better have the controls ready on that panic room.

Winds are picking up- beautiful fall weather out today! Feels almost Novemberish.

The power just came back on.  We were out for six hours because a tree blew down nearby.  We got another 4 inches of rain in the area.  We have a flood watch because there is standing water everywhere.  The Nanitcoke river is threatening to flood areas near Bridgeville.  Winds have dropped pretty well but there is still a high wind warning.  Overall we have had about 18 inches of rain in the last three weeks.  Still we are doing better than millions down south.  It has been an epic fall already.  I hope hurricane season is over for the east coast.  

Some record breaking territory around Charlottesville this fall. This is tied with 1931 for the latest we've made it in to the 40s for lows. This morning also broke the streak of days at or above 50° at 144 days. Records at McCormick go back (mostly) to the 1890s. CHO (the official reporting station here), btw, only hit 50 this morning. Though, I think we'll dip below that by 1 AM tomorrow to stop the record streak of 142 days at or above 50°. 

Oh, and we could dip into the upper 30s tomorrow morning. Talk about going from one extreme to the other! :lol:

RecordDays.jpg

RecordLate.jpg

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived