Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October OBS and discussion

EastCoast NPZ

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Saturday still looking cool and breezy? Dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but probably more on the "windy" side.   Verbatim, the models are dry, but it will be really cold aloft, so I supposed it's possible that a vort rotating through the trough could spark an isolated shower, but it seems like a very low probability right now.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring on the COLD, with very low dewpoints and high winds. I am sick to death of green leaves. Blow those damn leaves off. I love bare trees and a crisp cold feel. Its late October. It needs to FEEL like late October. Highs in the low 50s with lows around 27 and dews in the middle 20s would be a nice start. We've earned this. We've been forced to endure all out summer well into October. This is northern VA, not south central Texas.

I DEMAND a TROUGH OF DEATH with no mercy.  Zero mercy. I want low clouds, a chill mist, strong northeasterly winds. I want to be COLD when I come in and I better be COLD when I go out. I want my hands to hurt like hell. I want a FROZEN NOSE. I want to freeze on every one of my jebwalks as though I was in northern Alaska in the Brooks Range at 17000 feet elevation. I want to be as cold as if I were self evacuating from the Mt Washington Observatory in 5 degree weather with sustained hurricane force winds on an ice covered auto road because the SnoCat broke down on the mountain! I had better be super cold, or there is going to be HELL TO PAY. I am sick of this g&ddamned abnormal heat in the mid atlantic!

This 68 degree dewpoint today OCT 20 is pure bullsh!t. There's NO place for this hot weather at this time of year!. Last night felt like mid July! I almost choked to death on humidity.  The West can take an upper ridge all fall and winter. I am unabashedly selfish - I demand the trough all fall and winter. The West does not need rain. I definitely need low clouds and piercing cold. 

We have been tortured with no mercy by temperatures 20 degrees ABOVE NORMAL.

Now I DEMAND temperature at least 20 degrees BELOW NORMAL. It wont be torture to me. Cold, low clouds mist high winds out of the north, this is a place I call home. Ordinary men DIE there, but I THRIVE there - I call such a place home, and I yearn for it with all my heart.

Jeb is in mid-season form!  A full week's worth of +20F will definitely make you crazy.

Another early-morning steam-bath.  Walked the 1/2 mile to the bagel shop for bagels to bring to work and broke a sweat.  2 months from the winter solstice and still dealing with this crap. Incredible.

So much for yesterday's forecast of high 62F, clouds, and rain.  Full sun and 65F already.

9 hours ago, Jebman said:

Bring on the COLD, with very low dewpoints and high winds. I am sick to death of green leaves. Blow those damn leaves off. I love bare trees and a crisp cold feel. Its late October. It needs to FEEL like late October. Highs in the low 50s with lows around 27 and dews in the middle 20s would be a nice start. We've earned this. We've been forced to endure all out summer well into October. This is northern VA, not south central Texas.

I DEMAND a TROUGH OF DEATH with no mercy.  Zero mercy. I want low clouds, a chill mist, strong northeasterly winds. I want to be COLD when I come in and I better be COLD when I go out. I want my hands to hurt like hell. I want a FROZEN NOSE. I want to freeze on every one of my jebwalks as though I was in northern Alaska in the Brooks Range at 17000 feet elevation. I want to be as cold as if I were self evacuating from the Mt Washington Observatory in 5 degree weather with sustained hurricane force winds on an ice covered auto road because the SnoCat broke down on the mountain! I had better be super cold, or there is going to be HELL TO PAY. I am sick of this g&ddamned abnormal heat in the mid atlantic!

This 68 degree dewpoint today OCT 20 is pure bullsh!t. There's NO place for this hot weather at this time of year!. Last night felt like mid July! I almost choked to death on humidity.  The West can take an upper ridge all fall and winter. I am unabashedly selfish - I demand the trough all fall and winter. The West does not need rain. I definitely need low clouds and piercing cold. 

We have been tortured with no mercy by temperatures 20 degrees ABOVE NORMAL.

Now I DEMAND temperature at least 20 degrees BELOW NORMAL. It wont be torture to me. Cold, low clouds mist high winds out of the north, this is a place I call home. Ordinary men DIE there, but I THRIVE there - I call such a place home, and I yearn for it with all my heart.

Aaahhhhh....all is right with the world now.......

Yes, but probably more on the "windy" side.   Verbatim, the models are dry, but it will be really cold aloft, so I supposed it's possible that a vort rotating through the trough could spark an isolated shower, but it seems like a very low probability right now.

Thanks! We can manage cool and wind, rain would really suck.

3-6 looks like the best time for the Showers/iso T-storm and the temp drop based on radar/HRRR. Upper 70s area wide, Frederick is still ahead of the front, but pop up showers are just west like near the I-70/Alt 40 (Old National Pike) interchange. Showers have a SW-NE trajectory right now.

11 minutes ago, NinjaWarrior2 said:

3-6 looks like the best time for the Showers/iso T-storm and the temp drop based on radar/HRRR. Upper 70s area wide, Frederick is still ahead of the front, but pop up showers are just west like near the I-70/Alt 40 (Old National Pike) interchange. Showers have a SW-NE trajectory right now.

Round 1 is 3-6PM, but the HRRR then shows a short break followed by a another round of showers between roughly 8 and 11PM.   Maybe one final round 12z Saturday.

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

Round 1 is 3-6PM, but the HRRR then shows a short break followed by a another round of showers between roughly 8 and 11PM.   Maybe one final round 12z Saturday.

Looks more like 1-3... heavy showers moving through N VA now... maybe a storm in Warrenton

44 minutes ago, yoda said:

Looks more like 1-3... heavy showers moving through N VA now... maybe a storm in Warrenton

agreed.   ahead of schedule, although guidance does suggest that while movement of cells along the line will be fairly fast to the NNE, the entire line may be slower to push off to the east.

26 minutes ago, Fozz said:

The line is bearing down on my area, and the storms are strengthening, which is nice for a change, since the past few months have been dry.

Temp is 72... I wonder how much it will fall once the squall passes through.

Pouring.... and the temp plunged to 62.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived