Newest Member
    joxey
August pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

After Sunday 90's go away..but as Isotherm stated..dews stay high. What a special next few weeks

First time looking at things in about 5 days. Heavy rain threat for sure later this weekend into early next week. It does look like it gets a bit more amplified later this month. Might mean wetter weather with fronts nearby on east coast.

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Congrats all

image.gif

Wow...the 68F Td up here has led me to turn on the A/C for the first time in a couple weeks, but I can't even imagine a 75-77F dew...good grief.

SLK is even 75/64 at 8pm...that's crazy for them.  They were 42F for a low temp yesterday and tonight will probably only get down to upper 50s or low 60s.  Yesterday morning was sneaky cold, with 43F at Walden, VT and 41F at Troy, VT...but they'll be 20F+ warmer tomorrow morning.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wow...the 68F Td up here has led me to turn on the A/C for the first time in a couple weeks, but I can't even imagine a 75-77F dew...good grief.

SLK is even 75/64 at 8pm...that's crazy for them.  They were 42F for a low temp yesterday and tonight will probably only get down to upper 50s or low 60s.  Yesterday morning was sneaky cold, with 43F at Walden, VT and 41F at Troy, VT...but they'll be 20F+ warmer tomorrow morning.

It's true. The 68 at PWM feels pretty awful. I'm breaking a sweat just watching TV.

31 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

BML had 11 nights with a low in the 40's or lower in July.  

Average low was 53.

God almighty.

Yeah it's been a very nice summer so far in NNE. We had 8 nights of 40s and an average low of 54F.  Tons of great sleeping weather with the windows open.  Like I said previously, July was -0.5 from the long term mean here...can't call it "hot".  

-1.0 in June with 21 days of 30s/40s and -0.5 in July with 8 days under 50F.  Though if the dews come up I think we may be going above normal for August.  Overall this summer should be about normal then in the means.

Also the first met summer I've ever seen snow.  June 12th had a few hours of legit light snowfall at work on the mountain.

What if we get an amplified trough that separates from the jet stream moving southward over the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean becomes a tropical cyclone and then moves northward again to a landfall over SNE?  Anyone think that is possible so we can lower the water temperatures off the East Coast before the fall?

I see a lot of SNE in a heat advisory.  I'm glad we don't live there.

Per BOX, today's the hot one with a high near 90*.  They're calling for upper 80's tomorrow and Saturday, then stepping down from there toward the low 80's on Sunday and 70's from thereon.  It will be dewey of course.  I wonder how much rain we might get over the coming days.

67.1 off of 64*.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice refreshing 6 miler this morning. Very shallow ground fog as it's clear off the deck.

74.1/74

What a stretch of high dews these next couple weeks

Glad we don't live there.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a gross night, only managed 63F for a low.  BTV with mid-70s most of the night.

Dews will start in the low-mid 60s today, let's see where we go from there.  

I had the fan going and it was fine.  I suspect tonight might be warmer but so far this has been no big deal.  Plus, we're getting some rains out of it.

Archived