Newest Member
    EWR757
August pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weathafella said:

September may book a few aoa 90 during the first half of the month.  At least the initial part of autumn looks rather warm.

You have been all over it since the heat push in July. It's been a pretty warm summer in Boston. This shot of warmth was more then a glancing blow 

16 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Well I wasn't basing it off the height anomaly, I was basing it off the dynamics of a cold front at this stage of the summer months, August it is very rare to see a cold front with heavy precipitation along it at this longitude.

Lol....

49 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The last week of August we could see a Hurricane threatening the East Coast according to the latest GFS run.  Exciting times ahead for us weather lovers.

Using 384 op GFS?  That's a big ass :weenie:

But even using that verbatim, that trof would never let it come close to New England.  

I'm not trying to be a d*ck James but you have to put some sound reasoning in your prediction posts or relegate to the banter thread.

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm not trying to be a d*ck James but you have to put some sound reasoning in your prediction posts or relegate to the banter thread.

Since when is sound reasoning necessary?  I can think of another regular poster who goes with emotions instead of reasoning, lol.  

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Since when is sound reasoning necessary?  I can think of another regular poster who goes with emotions instead of reasoning, lol.  

True.  Although he avoids weenieing out on the 384 panel of the GFS operational and at least retweets mets ideas.

19 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Wow all I was highlighting was the potential for an active Atlantic Ocean basin for tropical weather.  I wasn't saying that the East Coast needs to watch future Gaston, although it would still be wise to do so.

What I've learned is that threats are almost never relevant unless we're inside of 3 days given our climo.   

20 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

CON averages like 10-11 depending on how you choose to break up the period of record.

PWM averages like 5. Glad we live there.

Farmington average of 6.4 is deceptive, related IMO to a change in location from (probably) in-town to its current location a mile or so north.  For 1893-1959 the average is 8.9, including a whopping 19.4 during the 1890s.  The most recent 56 years, thru 2015, have averaged 3.4 days.  The current decade is competing for the fewest, with 16 for 2010-15, 2.7 vs. 1990's 3.0.  Farmington touched 90 last Thursday, but that may be the only one so far.

Archived