Newest Member
    Toothache
August pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With the WAR backing west and locking into the Carolinas it's hard to envision much dry weather 

Lol wut lmao So you think a Ridge centered over  Virginia NC is a high dewy pattern similar to a Bermuda high OK I am done SMDH useless to even interact with you

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

oh I am scared you might bump my posts,shaking.  Lol I could have bumped your pretty colors post about today. Enjoy your 70s today? 

If you'd bothered to look we acknowledged Mon- Tues would be normal days with highs near 80 and lows in the 50's. 2 normal days in a WAN pattern and a rebuilding SE ridge does not a pattern change make. Jerry even corrected you when you posted it would be in place by the 24th. What do temps look like for that day? 

It's hard to tell what's being argued. Are we debating whether or not it will feel like deep summer or whether or not we'll be AN/MAN? I think I'd lean +1F/+2F, but not wall-to-wall warmth like Mr. Hyperbole thinks. A good forecast is usually the midpoint between Kevin and Steve. Heck, it may even beat MOS.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's hard to tell what's being argued. Are we debating whether or not it will feel like deep summer or whether or not we'll be AN/MAN? I think I'd lean +1F/+2F, but not wall-to-wall warmth like Mr. Hyperbole thinks. A good forecast is usually the midpoint between Kevin and Steve. Heck, it may even beat MOS.

I actually said AN but dry like early summer so don't know what halfway would be 

My idea is temps in the 80's to near 90 much of the time with more Days than not featuring Dewpoints in the 60's with a few days of 70+. Similar to the wx we had last week, minus the rain. The WAR is building west and north, so it seems it will be very hard to get any cooling or even normal temps for more than a day or 2 mixed in. So if you take Wed this week thru say Sept15.. I'd say that period comes in well AN . Like +2 or warmer

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My idea is temps in the 80's to near 90 much of the time with more Days than not featuring Dewpoints in the 60's with a few days of 70+. Similar to the wx we had last week, minus the rain. The WAR is building west and north, so it seems it will be very hard to get any cooling or even normal temps for more than a day or 2 mixed in. So if you take Wed this week thru say Sept15.. I'd say that period comes in well AN . Like +2 or warmer

For the record yourhigh was no where near 80 today and you might make 40s tonight 

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Where are we looking for near 90F most of the time?  Certainly not in your backyard.  Are we validating dews over your mulch bed and temps at BDL/HFD, whatever station is warmer?  

Let's talk where you live and look at ORH obs.

Is my calendar wrong? Aren't we still in August? So it's gonna be hot and dry.... sort of like we've had for much of this hot, dry summer. And it may well stay warmer than normal into September. I recall lots of those in my six decades here in New England. I also know that fall will come, warm and dry, or wet and cool, or, more likely, some of both.

When is someone going to start a, at least quasi-meteorological/scientifically based, fall thread? Or, is it already there but just lost somewhere in the bowels of this forum, buried beneath the Nostradamus-like ruminations of the cheerleaders of the Panic Party?

I am definitely looking forward to October-November when things really get to be fun around here!

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro cools down slightly inland. More on the coast. GFS and Euro are similar.

Yeah...no one said cool weather this weekend. We get weak CAA and a sfc high noses in behind that s/w. Cooler on the coast, but lower dews resulting in comfortable nights and warm days over the interior.

Yeah...no one said cool weather this weekend. We get weak CAA and a sfc high noses in behind that s/w. Cooler on the coast, but lower dews resulting in comfortable nights and warm days over the interior.

What a beauty of a week and weekend. Fantastic summer weather this year other than the 2 weeks of muck. Outdoor activity wise with the total lack of bugs this summer has been a 10. Appears the low dew hot days comfortable nights will continue, have not had the AC on for 3 days and its been wonderful.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

What a beauty of a week and weekend. Fantastic summer weather this year other than the 2 weeks of muck. Outdoor activity wise with the total lack of bugs this summer has been a 10. Appears the low dew hot days comfortable nights will continue, have not had the AC on for 3 days and its been wonderful.

Friday looks like the warmest with a shot at some storms.  Still a warm month on the whole though.  Running +4F in the BOS area.

MonthTDeptNRCC.png

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Friday looks like the warmest with a shot at some storms.  Still a warm month on the whole though.  Running +4F in the BOS area.

MonthTDeptNRCC.png

A hot month for sure. Those 2 weeks were stifling. This week has been spectacular. No problem with heat its the high dews that really are no fun for outside activities. Never ending summer with tourists bailing, can't get any better.

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We continue to parallel some of the closer analog years, chiefly, 1983 -- which featured a normal June, hot Jul-Aug, and warm September. 1983 has been a very good analog thus far considering the similarities with respect to weakening super Nino --> neutral ENSO, +PDO. The Atlantic was cooler in 1983, so I would expect the East Coast to be a bit warmer this year.

Very warm summer nationwide followed by continued summer into September. 

2numvxj.gif

nn4abc.png

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Where?

You can go here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=box

Select the daily report and station and go and you'll have your answer.  I'd give you an answer but then you'd tell me you meant some other place.

We were talking about BDL where I think 90 is possible Fri thru weekend 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I did and it's about what I thought. So temps upper 80's to near 90 is a torch 

Avg high is 81F. MEX is 85/80/82 Sa/Su/M with low 60s dews. It's AN, but NBD and actually pretty nice for the last weekend of meteorological summer.

Archived