Newest Member
    amirah5
August pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm skeptical of any long term change. We may get a glancing cool shot, but the SE ridge is still there.  Obviously as you head later into August, temps may naturally trend down. 

dog days are toast any heat comes with ds dandies Summer for the soccer mom's is on the last period Awesome heat wave but see you again next summer 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Funny how the cool downs keep getting pushed back to day 10. Euro ens keep it AN right thru end of month as trough stays west. Look for that to continue with these obnoxious SST's and SE ridging

CqAmLT3UsAE7Xsp.jpg

lol you bust on those maps all year long but yet still post them... I'd take that look, probably would be wet.  

43 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don't see any change to the overall pattern biased above normal.  Look for the first real change around or just after Election Day.

Nice SE ridge roars in next week. This current "cool down" went from a pattern change to 88-91 the next 5 days .Next week is already going from 70's that i first saw to now lower 80's..and we're still 7 days out

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice SE ridge roars in next week. This current "cool down" went from a pattern change to 88-91 the next 5 days .Next week is already going from 70's that i first saw to now lower 80's..and we're still 7 days out

This week's forecast temps have definitely creeped up. 

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This week's forecast temps have definitely creeped up. 

Some people bought the GFS op idea of cool and dry. As long as the SE ridge is there and the SST's are so insanely warm..any cool down is going to be muted or non existent. I mean we couldnt continue at 98/78 . So it had to cool down just because our latitude can't sustain that..but don't buy any pattern change or long COC k period. Might be a day or 2 next week of 84/58. But that's the extent of it before HHH comes back 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some people bought the GFS op idea of cool and dry. As long as the SE ridge is there and the SST's are so insanely warm..any cool down is going to be muted or non existent. I mean we couldnt continue at 98/78 . So it had to cool down just because our latitude can't sustain that..but don't buy any pattern change or long COC k period. Might be a day or 2 next week of 84/58. But that's the extent of it before HHH comes back 

I think we could have a couple of nice days next week. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think we could have a couple of nice days next week. 

Its all about the dews and yes there is a pattern change coming. The WAR is heading to the North Atlantic, of course there is no cold air around its August. Heat waves are done, super heat shot its load. Yes we can be AN with down slope dandies but the soccer Moms are picking up school supplies and its winding down quickly. Looking forward to tourist free beaches and football. The horizon can be seen clearly now. 

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

I don't see any change to the overall pattern biased above normal.  Look for the first real change around or just after Election Day.

It's the new normal....if you say a couple of degrees above the 1981-2010 averages that is normal going by recent trends

Better yet, when are our next significant rain chances in eastern mass? I know the rt 2 corridor got a good soaking yesterday but not all of us got wet, aside from a couple quick showers. I hope we can at least make up for some of the rain we missed this summer during the fall and winter months.

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You saw 98/78!?  Wow the magic of Mt Tolland.

Archived